Payroll Specialist Glasgow (WFH) - can be based Anywhere in UK 6 months £23,000 - £25,000 p.a
Heathrow are looking for an experienced individual to join their existing payroll team at the Heathrow Shared Service Centre in Glasgow. It is an exciting time to join a high performing team that is well respected and where you will be challenged and have the opportunity to grow! The role is required to create additional capacity to support the day to day delivery of our payroll as we move towards deploying a new ERP system (Oracle Fusion) in early 2021 which is part of a wider investment in re-shaping our support services across Heathrow.
To be responsible for supporting Payroll Manager. Providing expert technical knowledge on a range of payroll matters ensuring that payroll service is maintained, and SLA's met.
- Carry out the payroll processing and production of standard reports. Reconciliation of reports to ensure payroll accuracy. Produce Gross to Net, payslips, BACs files and transfer payroll to General Ledger.
- Updating payroll records, ensuring all employees are correctly recorded on system and payments correctly calculated for all starters and leavers
- Processing and input of sickness, and statutory payments calculating adjustments where necessary
- Responsible for checking all P45's received by reference to Inland Revenue tax tables; calculating holiday pay, overtime/callout claims received at appropriate rate and adjustments to pay elements arising from changes being made mid month.
- Calculate all third-party payments due to be made to - Inland Revenue, DWP, Pension Schemes, Heath Insurance, Courts, Child Support Agency, Unions, etc within specified timescales.
- Maintain P11d database, audit and produce annual P11d's for all eligible employees as per HMRC guidance.
- All associated payroll processing requirements
- Identify all variances in control accounts and ensure accuracy of the balance sheet accounts and complete the balance sheet reconciliation
- Complete full monthly HMRC/RTI reconciliation and submission
- Administration of the overpayment recovery process
- Carry out supplementary payroll runs as necessary ensuring all controls are maintained and processes followed as for main pay run
- Calculate and pay prompt payments if necessary ensuring all entries necessary for payment and recovery are made
- Responsible for all pensions payments, notification to pension providers of Starters/Leavers
- Responsible for all Salary Sacrifice calculation and ensure the compliance of rules governing these deductions for employees
- Processing P45 using HMRC tax tables to establish accuracy of data, enter P46 details or complete P46 on behalf of employee if necessary
- Responsible for Balance Sheet and Account Reconciliation from payroll processing
Preferable Qualifications and Experience
- HR administrative background within a shared service environment
- Oracle and Case Management systems experience preferable
- Experience of dealing with New Starters, Staff Changes, Leavers and personal detail changes into payroll
- Proficient in Excel - able to perform v lookups, pivot tables and simple formulae
- A team player who is meticulous and accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Current knowledge of HMRC legislation
- An eagerness to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Excellent manual/numerical calculation skills
- Works positively and effectively to avoid making stressful situations worse
- Put Passengers & Customers First
- Exceeds customer expectations by developing services to meet their needs
- Identifies and involves the right people in decisions from the start
- Takes initiative to solve problems and perform tasks for the benefit of Heathrow
- Recognises differences of opinion, and proposes solutions that balance competing interests and meet shared goals
- Makes processes simple where possible, helping Heathrow to improve every day and make every journey better
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search