Mechanical Engineer - design and project work
Our client is a manufacturing company specialising in unique product lines and special projects. They're based in Milton Keynes where they design, manufacture, sell and rent equipment to a global customer base.
They're a successful operation with wide reaching and interesting engineering challenges always on the go, from production lines to new product development. Innovation is a consistent theme.
They're looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their small and focussed team to strengthen capacity. It would suit a degree qualified Engineer in mechanical or related discipline with a solid working knowledge of engineering principals and project work developed through some years of industrial experience:
- Talent for engineering design and problem solving
- Production Engineering. Handover of new products to production.
- Team orientated, pragmatic and interested to bridge departments to support production and sales teams
- Strong ability to translate theory to practice, practical and hands-on
- CAD experience of any type (we use Solid Edge and AutoCAD)
- Basic stress analysis via FEA or hand calculation
- Willingness to learn and apply industry codes and standards for product compliance and testing work
Desirable to have experience in some of these other areas we work in:
- Hydraulic system work or design
- High integrity castings
- Sheet metal work
- Control system / PLC
- Electrical practical or design including wiring diagrams
- Practical working knowledge of machine shops or design for machining (CNC mills, lathes)
- Large and small machined fabrications
- Surface coating technologies
- Rotary power systems
- Construction equipment
- Lifting equipment design and testing
- Temporary works design and testing
- Diesel engines
- Manufacturing and production software systems
- Technical authoring (operational and parts manuals)
The salary is up to £45,000 depending on experience.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted