HR Manager Business Engagement
£40,000 plus retention bonus
18 month contract
We are currently recruiting a HR Manager Business Engagement to join a growing and exciting organisation based in Leamington Spa. You will be working on a high profile project supporting the fight against Covid 19. Your role will be role will operate within the LSL on partnering and engaging with the laboratory line management, ensuring comprehensive Employee Relations, staff engagement and internal communications support to the laboratory management
You will fundamentally have a good understanding of business strategy, recruitment budgets and design and tailoring recruitment initiatives and campaigns. You will have an active role in ensuring proactive and seamless end to end resourcing service across all department and driving best practice.
Your responsibilities will include;
The role will have a customer-centric focus, building a solid understanding of the laboratory business in order to deliver appropriate support at pace and as required. Working with the HR Operations team, the role will contribute to the development of the HR/People plan and share deputising for some aspects of the SHRM's role in their absence.
Relationship management and service delivery
- Support and guide line managers with varying levels of experience to navigate the various people processes & standards applied throughout the Laboratory
- Attend lab ops and relevant management meetings to support and drive forward people solutions to operational lab issues.
- Work with HR Ops and the wider People function to provide relevant people management information and insights.
- Keep abreast of any Employment Law changes that could affect the Laboratory's policies and brief line managers as appropriate
- Ensure the provision of expert employee relations advice on individual (escalated) cases.
- Build trusted relationships with line managers through understanding their particular challenges and subsequent people implications and providing proactive support.
- Contribute to the delivery of a regular business engagement calendar and internal communications cadence, supporting the SHRM BE in line with the remit outlined in Appendix A.
- Contribute to cyclical exercises such as goal-setting, gender pay gap reporting, staff surveys and associated planning.
- HR/People plan development and change initiatives
- Work with relevant line managers to support the SHRM BE in delivering certain objectives within the LSL HR/people plan, including but not limited to the following:
- Supporting performance management to drive a high performance culture within all areas of the Laboratory.
- Creating and delivering action plans arising from staff survey results
- Identifying key management roles and key niche roles within the Laboratory that require succession planning approach
- Developing and delivering well being initiatives that supporting continuous improvement and smarter working principles in designated areas of the Lab
- Tracking the delivery of the diversity and inclusion aspirations of LSL and the values-based culture and purpose agreed by the SLT
- Aligning staff to the Lab's purpose and values.
- identifying any interdependencies and wider implications.
- Support plans to address any transition as a result of the creation of UK HSA and the expiration/extension of staff fixed term contracts in 2022.
- Act as an advisor and coach to more junior team members, both in direct team and across the wider people function.
- Coach and role model professional HR standards and customer service excellence which enhances the reputation of the HR team.
- Develop own knowledge and skills (both professionally and corporately), including market/sector knowledge, economic trends, HR best practice, and prevailing employment legislation.
- Proactively suggest ways in which to enhance HR effectiveness and efficiency and take the lead in implementing these.
- Work closely with Resourcing and Training colleagues as well as supporting soft skills training delivery as required.Key Outputs and Deliverables
- Seen as a "trusted advisor" and partner by line, someone who is solutions focussed
- Delivered key and cyclical HR projects, as agreed with the SHRM to scope, time and budget.
- Lab-relevant 'people' insights to the regular management reporting.
- Completed, risk managed ER matters, some of which may have been complex.
- Seen as a key member of part of a motivated team who are valued by their clients
- Recognised as contributor to wider HR agenda
- CIPD qualified
- Commercial knowledge and acumen
- Experience of managing, challenging and influencing stakeholders on HR/people matters
- Sound technically in at least one area of HR specialism (eg organisational change, TUPE, equality/inclusion)
- Experience of working on and driving key HR projects
- Experience of providing commercial, risk-based advice to senior staff on employment relations matters
- Clear, concise communications skills
- Good prioritisation skills
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement, anticipate issues and use initiative as well as create innovative solutions
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, discretion and use initiative
- Interest in/commitment to advancing the organisational equality/inclusion agenda,
- Sound IT skills including Excel
- Strong team-working and customer-focus ethic
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment, factory or distribution centre
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted