We're currently seeking a Rugby based Health, Safety and Fire Officer to work within a Community Rehabilitation Service as part of the UK's National Probation Service. This is full-time opportunity to start as soon as possible, on a temporary to permanent basis, paying an equivalent salary of £28,000 - £35,000 per annum plus benefits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing professional Health, Safety and Fire advice and support to my client's site
- Undertake health, safety and fire risk assessments in conjunction with staff with specific areas of responsibility
- Investigate and review accident/incident reports
- Undertake buildings inspections in conjunction with local managers and FM staff
- Point of Contact and lead for Health, Safety or Fire related audits conducted at my client's site
- Support, monitor and review the implementation of Health, Safety and Fire policies and associated action plans
- Advise managers on Health, Safety and Fire issues, including systems of safe working and risk assessment techniques
- Develop and deliver Health, Safety and Fire training courses as appropriate
- Develop productive working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to best safeguard the needs and requirements of my client's site
- Liaise with union safety representatives when developing Health, Safety and Fire policies, procedures and safe systems of work
- Providing professional occupational health safety advice in a complex environment
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational H&S (or equivalent)
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety (or equivalent)
- Teaching for Life (Level 3)
- Have a sound knowledge of H&S Legislation
- Delivering effective Health, Safety and Fire training
- Health and safety management systems
- Confident communicator - works well across all department
This is a fantastic opportunity for a resilient and level-headed H&S professional looking to start work immediately.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted