The Group Tax Manager role will be responsible primarily for managing the group's tax compliance and reporting in the UK and Ireland. The role will involve working across corporate tax, VAT and employment taxes and there will be a good mix of compliance/reporting and advisory/project work. Whilst experience across all taxes is beneficial, it is not essential provided you are willing to learn.
This role reports directly to the Head of Tax; comes with a salary of £50k-£60k plus benefits, depending on experience, and supports flexible ways of working.
- Ensuring all tax returns, payments and other legislative obligations are met from a direct and indirect tax perspective in the UK and Ireland, as well as other jurisdictions where Impellam has a tax presence and no dedicated tax team. This will include the preparation of UK corporation tax computations (for approximately 40 companies); managing the group's quarterly instalment payments; monitoring the group's position within the corporate interest restriction rules; assisting with CbCR filing requirements; preparing local TP documentation; review of the UK and Irish VAT filings prepared by the VAT accountant; and review of the PSA calculation.
- Preparation of half year / full year group tax numbers under IFRS, including assessment of uncertain tax positions and any associated exposures or provisions. This will involve liaising with external auditors and overseas tax advisers.
- Assisting the Head of Tax with the ongoing review of the Group's ETR, particularly in light of expected CT rate increases, and identifying opportunities to maximise tax reliefs available.
- Preparation of tax numbers for UK GAAP accounts of the UK subsidiaries alongside the Group Financial Accountant.
- Proactively working with Finance to improve existing processes and controls for tax, including the successful implementation of a new ERP with the assistance of a VAT specialist consultant.
- Management of employment tax risk within the Group, particularly around the onshore and offshore regs, and IR35. This is a key area for the group's business.
- Ensuring SAO obligations are met, including documentation and testing of processes and controls, and any tax risks flagged to the Head of Tax.
- Business partnering with key internal stakeholders across finance, operations and legal.
- Assisting the Head of Tax with planning projects, such as BEPS, mergers and acquisitions, HMRC enquiries and international tax issues.
Key Skills Required
- Strong UK tax technical background.
- You will have a professional qualification and at least two years PQE, or equivalent industry experience.
- An understanding of IFRS accounting is desirable and experience of tax financial reporting is preferable.
- Experience using OneSource desirable but not essential.
- A demonstrable ability to interpret and challenge external advice / analysis and form a rigorous technical view.
- Proven experience of working in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Experience of managing key senior stakeholders and building business relationships.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid MS Word and Excel skills
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search