Primary Academy Office Manager
Start date asap 37 hours per week
We are searching for a highly competent Office Manager on a temporary basis for an who has previous experience working at a senior administrative level in a school. Knowledge of SIMS is essential for this role. It is preferred the applicant will have education knowledge as the person will be expected to demonstrate capability of managing a variety of tasks in various areas of a busy run academy. Multi-tasking and being able to work well under pressure are a key principle.
- Day to day responsibilities are to ensure pupil records are kept confidential and maintained (electronically and hard copies) whilst ensuring the academy's daily financial transactions are effectively managed at all sites and being a main point of contact. It is a vital role that works alongside the Head of the School and Senior Leadership Teams to ensure smooth running of the School and all data returns/census are submitted accurately and on time.
The responsibilities of the role;
- Ensure that all data returns/census are submitted accurately and on time
- Maintaining accurate pupil records, both electronic and hard copy files
- Ensuring the Academy's day to day financial transactions are effectively managed at all sites
- Managing the Academy's reception and arranging appropriate stock levels for equipment, materials and consumables to keep maintained
- Providing support to the Head of School and Senior Leadership Team in order to ensure the smooth running of the Academy and supporting the Admin team ensuring an efficient, effective and continuous service to meet the Academy's needs
- Ensure that information and reports are submitted within statutory guidelines and shared as appropriate
- Direct staff in the maintenance of pupil records as appropriate
- Point of contact for IT support to ensure that all teaching staff have access to SIMS database
- Produce reports, as required
- Ensure the inputting and updating of all pupil information is up to date and accurate
- Work with the Executive Headteacher and Head of School to monitor and allocate places at the academy throughout the year to facilitate the efficient admission, transition and transfer of pupils
- Liaise with the Local Authority to facilitate admissions, transitions and transfers
- Assist in the effective administration of Academy accounts
- Use the designated electronic finance package to process orders and invoices under the direction of the Finance Manager
- Co-ordinate the purchase of goods and supplies for the academy, ensuring that the academy obtains best possible value for money from suppliers/contractors
- Ensure that delivery notes are carefully checked as appropriate
- Distribute and file centrally produced letters
- Liaise with central services team to process orders and invoices, ensuring that goods and services are correctly coded
- Distribute and file centrally produced letters
- Responsible for receiving/balancing and banking cash received for: trips, School dinners, Events (School discos, fairs etc)
- Responsible for managing online payments process and issuing petty cash, processing all staff expense claims, collating credit/debit card information and receipts
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of the single central record for employees, agency staff, contractors, students, volunteers, then inputting absence and other paid or unpaid leave and obtaining forms, self-certification, and doctors notes
- Responsible for the recruitment process and new starter checks in line with the DLT recruitment process.
- Updating the government's files in liaison with the clerk to the governors along with the correct compliance
- Attend monthly HR meetings with the HR team and/or Headteacher, contributing input
- Act as a point of contact for staff queries and liaise with HR to resolve
- Maintain all electronic personnel files and paper staff files held in school in accordance with GPDR retention policy
- Participate in HR training and update/inform the relevant about legal changes as necessary
- Supporting HR with ensuring accurate staff records on database by flagging errors with HR and updating the system where appropriate.
Other duties within school include;
- Supporting Headteacher and HR along with probation processes
- Arrange supply cover by liaising with recommended partners/agencies to ensure roles are covered in periods of staff sickness and other absences.
- Act as point of contact between Executive Headteacher, Head of School and Senior Leadership Team in relation to delegation of administrative support.
- Supporting GDPR procedures as directed by the trust and acting as main person for data protection officer
- Undertake induction, training, mentoring and development of staff as required.
- Seek professional development opportunities as appropriate
Carry out such other reasonable activities required in the pursuance of duties.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search