National Data and Information Technician position within an established and reputable government body. The post can either be based in Birmingham (once working from offices is allowed), or home-based but able to travel to the Birmingham office regularly (twice a week or fortnight). This is a fixed term contract until March 2022, starting as soon as possible, and offers a salary of circa £37,000 pro rata, working Monday to Friday from 9-5.30.
In essence we need someone with data management (large data sets), analysis and reporting skills, so predominantly Excel, R, VBA and ideally knowledge of SQL and MS Access.
The basic description of the role is to oversee and manage the national and regional screening data flows (where we collect data from individual hospital trusts - via Excel), collate these data returns, quality check them, deal with queries, and then report, including designing new reports and methods of data collection. There is then also bespoke analysis and production of data analysis/reports for individual projects. Documentation of procedures is important.
The postholder will take responsibility for the development, maintenance and technical support of my client's screening databases, systems and analytical resources, ensuring that they operate effectively and efficiently in all locations in which they are in place and that they meet the needs of the SQAS [Screening QA Service].
Some of the main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Provide specialist advice to the SQAS and others on IT and analytical solutions that will streamline QA functions and support high quality data provision from providers
- Proactively identify improved methods by which screening QA data can be obtained, validated and reported
- Carry out option appraisals and develop and implement project plans to support the development of IT systems, tools and data analysis requirements
- Be responsible for achieving key objectives in relation to specific project areas and manage multiple projects, allocating tasks as appropriate
Ideal Qualifications / Experiences:
- Significant experience of database, systems and analytical tool design, together with experience of integrating systems and databases with other software applications.
- Ability to make decisions or recommendations to senior staff, when required.
- Capability of working to tight and often changing timescales and knowing when and how to seek advice from senior QA staff members.
- Ability to handle difficult and controversial issues with tact and diplomacy.
We are looking for a flexible, diligent and client focused professional who is positive, experienced and savvy.
If you are interested in further Office Support jobs please feel free to browse the Tate website www.tate.co.uk
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted