Tate are working with a fantastic customer centric business who are based in Cardiff to recruit a critical role at this time for them. The role as a Business Planning Manager will be responsible for the Retail Business Unit looking at some upcoming Price Reviews, and providing fact based insight into the efficiency of the operation and its cost to serve.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Leading and managing all business planning activity for the Retail Business Unit, including the 5-year rolling plan, annual budgets and reforecasts. Ensuring that there is a seamless interface with the central budgeting process led by group finance.
- Act as the key point of contact for detailed costing and business planning information.
- Support long term strategic planning activities of the Leadership Team, by undertaking detailed modelling to understand drivers of costs and risks to the profitability of the business, as well as assessing strategic opportunities and contributing to discussions on the future direction of the business.
- Manage the process to produce and submit the business plans to the regulator, ensuring that all outputs are completed within agreed timescales, cost and quality targets.
- Ensure that there are appropriate governance and sign off controls in place, including producing and maintaining project plans, document control and providing updates to other governance bodies as required.
- Manage the work of any external consultants supporting business planning activities and acting as a key point of contact for queries relating to the retail business plan, including those from the regulator and attending cross industry working groups where necessary.
- Provide timely and relevant updates to the Leadership Team and other senior stakeholders, including the Executive Board.
- Maintain up to date analysis on the revenue and costs of the retail business, including cost to serve models, revenue analysis and the impact of business change initiatives. Proactively use this data to provide meaningful insight into the efficiency of the business and the drivers of cost.
The successful candidate will be Qualified with up to 5 years PQE experience. Previous experience working within a regulatory environment, potentially the finance sector would be a bonus. You will have excellent communications skills and be able to demonstrate that you can successfully develop staff.
The salary range for the post is between £55,000 and £62,000. The business is looking for a candidate that is happy to commute to the office a couple of days a week but the rest of the time you will be working from home.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search