We are currently recruiting for a Treasury Accountant to join a local NHS Trust on a 3 month temporary contract, with the possibility of an extension. This will be based on-site, Monday-Friday 09.00-17.00.
You will be working as part of the Financial Accounts team to support the Financial controller in the provision of a treasury management service to the trust.
- Maintenance of the Trust's cash books and subsidiary records, ensuring that they are up to date and reconciled to the bank statements on a daily basis, assistance with the annual planning process in terms of cash, debtor and creditor profiling and updating of daily and monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of all control accounts within the remit of the treasury function, including bank accounts and sub-ledger control accounts ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting.
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of the Cashiering function, assisting with recruitment, appraisals and training as required.
- Working with the wider Financial Accounting team in ensuring all processes are completed accurately and within the deadlines.
- Direct responsibility for maintaining cashbooks and ensuring cash balances are within agreed limits.
- Supporting the Senior Financial Accountant in providing information for internal and external reporting purposes
Skills and experience
- The department are changing some of their banking and cashbook processes and so they are looking for someone who can be flexible around tasks
- Excellent communication and IT skills are required, along with 2+ years treasury/cashbook experience
- Although NHS experience is not absolutely essential, given this will be a 3 month (possibly 6 month) placement, someone with NHS experience of cashbooks/treasury would be ideal
If you have the relevant experience and are available immediately then please do apply here now and one of our consultants will be in touch.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search