We are working with a successful British gift brand who are looking for a Head of Finance to join their team.
You will be responsible for the effective running and management of the Finance function of the business, leading and driving financial planning, and advising the senior management team to inform decision making and ultimately maximise profit. This will include in depth analysis of key drivers of expenditure, profit and loss, tracking of product and activity plans, and critically reviewing and challenging forecast submissions.
This forward-thinking business is going from strength to strength, and this is a great opportunity to join a company with a positive culture and a friendly team.
As Head of Finance, you will:
- Take ownership of the management of the financial data for the business
- Work closely with the Directors to help analyse success, and shape and plan future business investments and strategy
- Lead, manage and present financial data, including P&L, cash flow, balance sheet, forecasts, and budgets
- Effective analysis to advise, support and assist Senior Management with key financial decision-making, minimising any financial risks and maximising opportunities
- Review of P&L by account, product, factory, stock, promotions and sell through in order to shape, influence, and plan budgets
- Be responsible for the credit control process, ensuring trade debt is kept to a minimum
- Be responsible for daily, weekly, monthly, and year end reporting and budgeting
- Work closely with Product, Sales, and Operations teams to monitor budgets vs. forecasts to better understand their goals, and provide the financial insight to help guide their strategy
- Review of Licensing and Royalty agreements to understand budgets and spend
- Attend key commercial meetings to advise and plan from a financial perspective, looking at both opportunities and implications
- Manage and review business-related expenses to understand R.O.I to aid planning of future budgets
- Take ownership of the cash flow forecasting for all business-related costs
- Review current processes and practices, analysing efficiencies, and always looking for improvements and opportunities
- Use data to produce and present quarterly and yearly management accounts
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships which meet company core values
- Manage, develop and mentor the Assistant Accountant and Accounts Assistant
- Support Senior Management with additional financial duties as required
Qualifications and prior experience required for this Head of Finance position:
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar senior finance role within a consumer products business. CIMA qualified would be ideal
- A good understanding of, and experience with, licensing and royalties
- Excellent attention to detail and highly analytical nature, with the ability to use financial data to get to the core of both opportunities and potential risks
- SME experience would be ideal, with an understanding of supplier / retailer relationships
- Background working cross currency, across STG, EUR & USD
- Experience with managing budget reports such as P&L, cash flow and balance sheets
- A first-class communicator and relationship builder at all levels, both internally and externally - a natural people person with a positive approach
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and effectively in 'layman's terms' to non-finance departments within the business, in order to explain facts in a cohesive and easily understandable way
- Proficient with systems, especially with SAP B1 and excel
- A confident decision maker and proactive problem solver, who is able to see the bigger picture
- Proactive, personable, and someone with a real drive to make a difference
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search