Pensions and Benefits Specialist
Leatherhead based with potential for some hybrid working
IMMEDIATE START - APPLY TODAY
The role holder will play a pivotal role in our valued clients UK benefits team, which manages all the benefits and pension plans that they provides to its large UK employees network through an online flexible benefits platform.
The role holder will work very closely with and support the other team members in running UK benefits. Some of the team members are based in the UK at the Leatherhead office and the others are based overseas.
The role is a new temporary position being created to support the team through a 6 month period of transformation activity and anticipated absences including a team member's parental leave.
There may be an opportunity at the end of the 6 month term of the role to continue depending on the team's circumstances at the time.
Skills, experience and qualities
We are looking for someone who:
- Is enthusiastic, hard-working, friendly, open-minded and collaborative in their working approach.
- Has some significant experience of administering UK pensions and benefits. Preferably in-house and with both trust based defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans.
- Enjoys working with people and can collaborate with people with different working styles and individuals in different circumstances with enthusiasm, professionalism and empathy.
- Has strong interpersonal skills and spoken and written communication abilities enabling them to work with and manage multiple stakeholders effectively.
- Has a strong capability in working with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets including an ability to handle and analyse large volumes of data, and a good working knowledge of all the main Microsoft Office applications.
- Ideally has some experience of using any of: Workday as a HR system, SAP as a payroll system, and Benefex's OneHub technology as an online flexible benefits system.
- Ideally has some working knowledge of pension master trusts.
- Has an interest to further develop their awareness and understanding of the roles of benefits, HR and corporate functions teams within a global company.
- An interest in health and wellness would also be welcomed.
- Supporting our clients UK employees with their pensions and benefits: through one to one meetings, both face to face and digital, over the phone and via email.
- Collaboratively manage our UK benefits mailbox which is a key gateway for communication with employees, our benefit providers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the UK benefits team in managing and operating benefits through "My Benefits", our online benefits platform. This includes:
- Reviewing data files going into the site from our HR and payroll systems and coming back from the site for loading into our payroll system and going to benefit providers
- Working with our customer success manager at Benefex to ensure smooth ongoing running of benefits through the platform, resolving issues as they arise.
- Working with the employee support team at Benefex to best allocate and resolve employee support queries between the 2 teams.
- Using the platform software to send benefits communications to employees.
- Using the platform software to maintain and improve the content of the site.
- Support the team in managing our monthly operational processes associated with our online benefits system, payroll system and our benefit providers, including pension contribution reconciliations, auto enrolment checks and managing invoices. This involves working closely with our HR, HR systems, payroll, payroll accounting, IT. accounts payable and finance teams.
- Work with the team on annual processes include the production of benefit statements and accounts for our main pension plan and the renewal processes for our benefits contracts.
- Playing a key role in managing and monitoring our pension plan administrators and providers. This includes working closely with our pension administration team.
- Work with the HR teams and other corporate functions to meet the needs of the business on pension and benefits as they arise: examples include regular corporate accounting audits, periodic TUPE transfers for particular projects and supporting other companies within the group.
- Supporting the team in its strategic project activity which currently includes introducing two new benefits, improving our pension schemes and contributing to a global benefits review.
- Contributing to our health and wellness initiatives in the UK to deliver initiatives including onsite annual health checks, exec physicals and new digital support services for employees.
- Arranging and contributing to individual team and multi-team meetings, taking minutes and following up on actions.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted