Business Support Officer
Pegs Lane, Hertford
22.2 hours per week
Fixed Term for 6 Months
Salary: £10.21 - £10.84 / Hour
The role provides administrative support in the Safeguarding and Specialist Services area of Children's Services supporting a Child Protection Team who work directly with Schools in Hertfordshire.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and organised individual who is able to ensure that a high level of administrative support is provided to the team, to facilitate an excellent service being delivered to the team members and schools who we work closely with. The team members work remotely across the county throughout the year and therefore it is important that the individual is confident and proactive in their approach to work. The roles involve supporting a group of very busy team members who advise, guide, train and assist schools in meeting their statutory responsibilities in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Although there are no specific qualifications required for this role, previous experience in service delivery or a business-related qualification would be beneficial. You will be a competent administrator with experience of using Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and taking minutes at meetings. You will be a confident team member, acting as the first point of contact for managers and possess excellent customer care skills as you will be responsible for maintaining responses and queries which are sent from schools and other safeguarding teams, where appropriate from the team inbox.
You will be self-motivated, professional and approachable providing excellent team support and best practice at all times. You must be willing to undertake a variety of administrative tasks, operating within departmental policies and procedures.
- Utilise software packages such as Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF.
- Assist team with producing high quality training materials and reprographics throughout the year.
- Update and manage computer databases and spreadsheets, provide reports and assist in compiling information such as statutory returns, manage and track expenditure on several systems at once
- Provide support to team members and managers dealing with sensitive matters, ensuring data protection and GDPR is adhered to.
- Act as 'front of house' for the team, answer main team telephone line to professionals/schools, ensuring that they are signposted to the correct worker and/or provided with the right information to complete training requests/bookings.
- Undertake a range of administrative duties such as note and minute taking, filing, scanning and photocopying.
- Cash handling, correspondence, produce invoices and timesheets according to the training completed by the team.
- Keeping oversight on the income and expenditure in respect of delivering training to assist team manager with budgeting.
- Liaise with finance department and SERCO to ensure smooth collection of team income - use of several financial processes at the same time.
- Manage team commitments to avoid scheduling conflicts and arrange meetings.
- Minute and distribute team meeting minutes.
- Arrange training courses, venues, agendas.
- Take training booking requests.
- Produce certificates for completed training.
- Assist the Team Manager to communicate important practice guidance or service updates to the team.
- Access and maintain the team email inbox ensuring timely responses to booking queries, and sign posting to the correct worker/manager where necessary.
- Maintain duty/training calendar to assist the team manager oversight
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted