We're currently seeking a Plymouth-based Quality Assurance and Control Analyst to work within a high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme. This is a fulltime opportunity to start as soon as possible, initially until July 2021 with view for extension, paying £17.28 per hour plus holiday pay.
Your primary responsibility will be to support the Quality Manager and Operation managers in all aspects of Quality Management and ensuring each department meets or exceeds the standards required of ISO 15189. You will be part of a team of onsite Quality Specialists who will create awareness and provide training and education to all employees on quality processes and programs. This role will be day shift Monday to Friday only, though some flexibility may be needed on occasion.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintenance of the Quality Management System
- Maintenance of the Document Control System
- Quality Assurance and Control of laboratory performance through internal and external audits
- Training & Education: Develop and implement training and education programs, to educate employees and management on quality processes, standards and results
- Project Management: Plan, initiate and management quality improvement projects
- Provide input into review meetings with business leaders
- Provide advice and support to the Site Manager and teams on Quality issues
- Experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Good balance of negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering continual positive process improvement in systems and process
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Previous experience working in quality in clinical molecular biology or infectious disease testing labs
- Work collaboratively with Laboratory Operations staff
- Have experience of managing a fast-paced high output R&D department
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your career for further success and growth.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted