We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join a leading UK manufacturing business based in Corby.
As Senior Design Engineer you will be an integral part of the design team. We're looking for someone who's creative, adaptable and approachable, someone who will act as a mentor for junior members of the team.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Adapt or create new solutions for the existing and future product range.
- Creation of detailed 3D models using Autodesk Inventor along with associated 2D drawings & BOMs (Bill of Materials) for Manufacturing, Quality & Procurement purposes. This includes fabrication, assembly, electrical and tooling drawings where appropriate.
- Be an essential part of process & continuous improvement within the design team and, when requested, the wider business.
- Conduct product testing & document results as well as develop new tests to ensure products comply with customer as well as regulatory & statutory requirements.
- Mentor & assist junior members of the design team on an ad-hoc basis.
- Management of provision of working samples from prototyping to production.
- Liaise with relevant departmental resources throughout all stages of design and implementation process to ensure the smooth transition from conception to production.
Ideally you will have the following skills and personal attributes:
- Experience in fabrication/welding, sheet metal & electro-mechanical design
- Be punctual, reliable and a role model for junior members of the team
- Proven track record in delivering results time and again
- The ability to liaise at all levels and work as part of a team
- Skills and ability to generate technical documents at all levels of the business
- Flexible and adaptable approach with strong analytical skills
- Ability to run projects with minimal supervision
Up to £45,000 depending on experience, Contributory pension scheme Hours are Monday - Thursday 7am-4.30pm and Friday 7am-12pm.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted