We're currently seeking a Milton Keynes -based Laboratory Technical Support Officer to work within a high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme. This is a fulltime opportunity to start as soon as possible, on a Fixed Term Contract until 30th September 2021, paying £13.57 per hour.
The Laboratory Technical Support Officer will be responsible for maintaining laboratory instruments and equipment in order to deliver against the targets of all projects based at UK Biocentre. This is a key role within the laboratory and will involve liaising with Lab Operations Managers, Shift Managers and Section Leads to ensure the laboratory is always fully functional and can meet the throughput of the requirements of the projects.
- Works to support the Laboratory Technical Services Team.
- Ability to diagnose and/or fix basic instrumental failures and errors within the laboratories.
- Responsibility for planning and maintaining equipment calibration procedures.
- Manage and undertake laboratory equipment routine preventative maintenance.
- Ensure IQOQ, service, maintenance and calibration records are saved appropriately.
- Co-ordinate calibration, maintenance and service activities provided by external suppliers.
- Interface with Quality Team to ensure compliance with ISO15189.
- Interface with IT team to ensure instruments are supported.
- Works closely with the laboratories to ensure availability of equipment resource.
- Creating, updating and maintaining the asset register for the laboratory equipment.
In order to be successful, you'll need the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Understanding of laboratory equipment/instruments and how they function.
- Ability to write and review SOPs.
- Ability to resolve issues directly or determine correct escalation path if required.
- Biological sciences BSc degree or higher (or equivalent).
- Experience of equipment/instrument maintenance.
Additionally, the Laboratory Technical Support Officer working within the technical services team will need to communicate closely with the quality team to ensure the laboratory can meet the requirements of the ISO15189 Medical Laboratories standard, and with the IT team to ensure the instruments and equipment are fully supported.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your Scientific career for further success and growth.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted