We're currently looking for a number of Gateshead-based Senior Inventory & Logistics Officer to work within a high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS Test and Trace programme.
- To manage a shift of Inventory Management Officers, responsible for receipt, distribution and storage relating to all Baltic Park laboratory activity
- Ensure that targets are met by the teams in respect of all inventory activities
- Ensure that goods ordered are progressed and delivered to the requisitioning department in a timely manner
- Ensure effective communication between requisitioning departments and the teams
- Ensure a safe, value for money, comprehensive high-quality service is provided, whilst managing a busy and demanding workload
- Oversee dimensions delivered department-wide over 7 days a week
- Guides customers regarding value for money and ensures the use of the appropriate contract arrangements
- Discusses and agrees solutions to order/delivery queries with suppliers
- Assesses customer requirements via urgency / quality / price etc. and determines appropriate method of order and distribution
- Amending work plans to accommodate operational problems
- Responsible for the purchase of high-value goods and equipment for the Trust
- Day to day responsibility for the team including performance, appraisals, workload within the teams
- Adhering to Trust policies e.g. Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity, Dignity and Respect at Work
- Audits to ensure compliance with performance targets.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues at all levels in the Organisation
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Be able to provide professional advice and guidance to customers
- Good keyboard skills with experience of the MS Office Suite including, Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to think clearly and remain calm under pressure
You must be flexible on working hours - morning, afternoon and night shifts and some weekends. There will be a penalty shift allowance for all evening work.
CV's MUST be uploaded in Word format.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted