My client is currently seeking a number of Gateshead-based Inventory & Logistics Supervisors to work within a high output diagnostics laboratory environment
As part of the Inventory Team, the you will:
- Provide an Inventory Management replenishment service, using NHS Supply Chain computer system
- Distribute and store goods within the laboratory facility
- Be able to stand in for the ICHNE Inventory Team Leader in their absence
- Manage daily direct deliveries of laboratory consumables from principle and other suppliers, as well as weekly deliveries from the NHS supply chain
- Manage daily ordering, receipt and general stores duties
- Oversee daily distribution of goods to all departments within the facility
- Prepared to undertake necessary training (continuous development) commensurate with the requirements of the job and be able to cascade this training to colleagues
- Involved in providing suggestions to change products to maximise cost improvements.
- Communicated with user-departments and suppliers in person and by telephone/email
- Assess problem situations, and agreed appropriate action
- Analyse stock to recommend appropriate stock levels
- Manage workload to ensure replenishment
- Organise delivery of urgent items
- Physical skills, which are normally obtained through practice over a period of time or during practical training
- To be able to move and handle the goods and equipment (such as trolleys) properly and safely through public areas
- Safely unpacking and putting away stores at Workstation level
- Standard keyboard skills are required
- Regular lifting and handling heavy loads up to 20kg without mechanical assistance and 180kg in cages
- A good level of basic education
This role involves shifts both night and day so the ideal candidate will be flexible. The salary is around £20,400 and it is a temp to perm opportunity.
If this sounds like you please upload your CV is Word format.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted