Home Working / Office based in Oldbury
Full Time Permanent & 6 Contract roles available
£35,000 Permanent Salary / £45,000 Contract Salary
This role will sit within a busy and growing Finance Team supporting the Operations Team & Head of Finance. Tasked with performance analysis into historic and projected performance, financial forecasting and driving efficiency into a £300m Operation cost base.
We're currently looking for candidates who a very strategic, financially numerate and are system and programme literate. These positions will be home based until a return to the office is required and will be based Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- You will manage the Financial forecasting tools, developing a full understanding of financial modelling undertaken to be able to drive improvements, remediate potential issues and immediately highlight any risks or opportunities within the business.
- You will have a full understanding of underlying assumptions within the model, support the update of these and allow continued full use of the model across commercial finance and wider business teams.
- Support forecasting cycles with analytics to identify trends, outliers, etc. to enable better explanation of numbers.
- Support finance business partners with analysis to understand monthly performance through linking Operational KPIs and variance analysis against the forecast/budget.
- Support the forecasting & budgeting process, challenging business inputs and understanding any significant changes between forecast cycles.
- Partner with the Financial Reporting team to ensure accurate month end reporting. (BAU plus continuous development to improve speed, accuracy and insight).
- Improve financial performance by providing insightful analysis and challenging the business where necessary.
- Support for Head of Finance on ad hoc projects.
- R & SQL (or similar) development experience essential
- C, Java, VB & Python experience desired
- First class degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related subject; preferably post graduate degree in Operational Research.
- Ability to develop & maintain stored procedures
- Financially numerate with an educational background.
- Experience and background in an accounting/finance role desirable
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Commercial acumen and a proactive, 'results orientated' approach
- Strong motivational skills with the ability to work using your own initiative
- Knowledge of the industry is an advantage
If you have the experience required please apply today or call 01582 692543 for more information!
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted