Material Control Specialist
We are working with a fast-growing SME as they look to build on their continued success in 2020 moving forward into 2021, they are looking for a Material Control Specialist to join their team. The role will be based in their offices in Wem, Shropshire and is a chance to join a fast paced, exciting and forward-thinking organisation. The business is striving to become the world's leading provider of innovative and performance driven chemical solutions, expediting the worlds move to a carbon neutral society.
The successful candidate will be pivotal in managing their global material inventory, reporting to the Product Manager you shall also work very closely with the Customer Service and Logistics team. The candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Demand planning, management of inventory
- Material monitoring
- Raising purchase orders for materials and good receipts
- General office management
- Assist the customer service and logistics team when needed
- Review and develop new internal processes and procedures
- Continuing good working relationships with suppliers and ensuring the completion of delivery schedules
The successful candidate will need to display the following skills, experience and personality traits;
- Keen to work with a small, fast-paced yet energetic and forward-thinking team
- Happy to get stuck in and be a team player
- Bring new ideas and work with the team to improve processes going forward
- Proven experience managing inventory on an international scale
- Computer literacy including Word and Excel. High level of Excel proficiency required
- SAGE experience would be desirable
- Experience in working within the Chemical Industry is highly desirable, industry knowledge of chemical rhetoric and language is a must in this role
- Ability to speak or converse in German highly desirable
- Customer service and logistics experience would be a benefit and help add value to the organisation
The position is paying between £29,000-35,000 depending on level of experience and skills matched to the job role. A great opportunity for a fast-growing business with a global presence in an environment that encourages growth, ideas and energy from all its staff. Interviews shall take place w/c Monday 16th November 2020.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted