Tate have an opportunity for an additional office-based Sales Administrator / Representative to work for an engineering manufacturer. Here you will be the direct point of customer contact responsible for coordinating all aspects of customer service including order processing, quotation generation & follow up, delivery checks, technical enquiries, and order expediting.
Office based, with core office hours Monday - Friday and an early finish Friday afternoons!
This is a very robust, stable organisation who have traded consistently well through the pandemic and who continue to have a strong order book ahead. This post is busy and demanding.
This firm has very strong ethos and values on business excellence and customer service, passionate about delivering world class customer service to all its internal and external customers.
The product range is technical and extensive; therefore, it will help you grasp the product knowledge if you've have prior experience with technical/ engineering parts and components.
Your customer group is B2B, trade, construction, and engineering. The role will require extensive interaction with a whole range of internal and external stakeholders.
As you progress in this role, you will become more proactive in your work by actively following up quotes, and lead generation will become a key responsibility of the role.
Your key responsibilities here include:
- Ability to establish what the customer is asking for / needing through active listening and comprehension
- Ability to retain and learn product information, research, question internally and relay information back to the customer
- Confirming and set up orders, liaising with production on lead times and planning for delivery to manage timelines and customer expectations
- Ability to resolve issues and problems as they arise
- Working to department and company KPI
- Arranging and coordinating deliveries and shipping
- Following up with service reviews and striving for continuous improvement
- Ability to record and maintain accurate customer and order records to ensure data is always obtainable and centralised. Appreciation for compliance, procedures and standard processes that the organisation abides by.
- Proactive at keeping the customer informed at every stage.
You should be highly proficient with the MS office products and have worked with end-to-end CRM or Sales databases.
If you have a second European language would be an added bonus that you could get to use here too.
The post is OFFICE BASED, full time in Hitchin, SG4. Parking available and reasonable access to Hitchin station and some bus routes.
Tate will be shortlisting and contacting to advise on your application by phone or email in the coming week.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted