Role: Senior Procurement Manager (12month FTC - potential for extension)
Location: Central London
My client, a leading train operating business, based in central London are seeking a Senior Procurement Manager to join them on a 12-month FTC basis. This is a pivotal role in the business, and you will be required to support the Head of Procurement to manage the team and to support the delivery of a defined procurement strategy. Due to the scale of this role, the ability to demonstrate experience of multi-million-pound services contracts is essential.
If you are a Qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) - or offer an equivalent transferrable degree or professional qualification with a comprehensive and proven background in procurement - then please apply today!
Key duties will include but not be limited to;
- Working with the Head of Procurement, contract managers and stakeholders to develop procurement strategies
- Delivery of selected high value goods/services/works procurement projects to assist in the delivery of the wider procurement/commercial strategy.
- Co-ordination of team activities to ensure delivery is to agreed timescales.
- Ensure that all departmental information, templates and guidance is kept up to date,
- Provide advice to stakeholders on service delivery obligations.
- Provide commercial knowledge and expertise to various managers in negotiating with suppliers and securing value for money
- Manage communications with stakeholder on progress reporting and best practice guidelines Ensuring that all contracts which involve suppliers being on site have the appropriate contractual health and safety documentation
- Identifying new or existing suppliers that better meet the operational needs of the business.
- Liaising with Finance Business Partners to ascertain project budgets and authorisations for new contracts
- Support of Group Procurement initiatives such as cross-organisation tendering, contract negotiations or supply chain management.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted