My client based in Stevenage is looking for a number of Finance Assistants for their team. Your role will be to deliver financial support, undertake...
Assistant Project Accountant for a well-established UK Cell & Gene Therapy centre!
Our client was established in 2012 as an independent centre of excellence to advance the growth of the UK cell and gene therapy industry, by bridging the gap between scientific research and full-scale commercialisation. With more than 200 employees focusing on cell and gene therapy technologies, it works with partners in academia and industry to ensure these life-changing therapies can be developed for use in health services throughout the world.
They are looking to hire an Assistant Project Accountant to support the organisation with project and commercial related accounting, including forecasting, reporting & analysis, as well as cost and timesheet management. The role is part of a team of four, reporting to the Project Finance Manager, and supporting the Project Accountant. Key Business stakeholders include the Programme Management team, the Central Finance team based regionally and all associated staff who work on projects.
- Supporting Project Accountant and Project Finance Manager during month end, budgeting process, quarterly review preparation
- Finance Lead and Business Partner with Project Managers on assigned projects; responsible for project forecasting, reporting, analysis, monitoring against budget, revenue recognition and profit/cost management
- Supporting the business with any project or timesheet related queries, including training project teams in the use of the timesheet module in SAP, as well as timesheet and utilisation reporting and analysis
- Month end duties include preparing and posting journals; balance sheet reconciliations, raising commercial invoices and R&D grant claims, updating finance models with actuals
- Ensure robust financial controls are in place, including debtor management, and checking all purchasing is in line with company policy and procedure
- Providing cover for other Finance team members where necessary
- Other ad-hoc duties as required to support the Finance team as assigned
- Project Accounting experience or business-facing management accounting role is essential
- Experience with a professional services organisation is desirable
- SAP Business by Design experience is desirable
- Currently working, or have recently worked, within life science / therapeutic organisations would be useful
- Experience in a grant-funded organisation would be useful
- Part-qualified to Finalist in a UK recognised accounting qualification
The position is paying £32,000 and includes more benefits!
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.