Tate are proud to be working in partnership with the South Western Ambulance Service in their recruitment for 999 Call Handlers in Bristol.
To receive and prioritise emergency 999, urgent and routine calls from members of the public, other emergency services, hospitals, General Practitioners, and other healthcare professionals and to assist with all other duties required to provide the best possible standard of care to all patients and other health care professionals.
Please Note - This role is working on a 24 hour rota including weekends, night shifts and bank holidays.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To efficiently prioritise emergency, urgent and routine calls using a computer aided triage and dispatch system within the Trust's criteria based dispatching procedures to facilitate the appropriate and timely dispatch of resources.
- Provide all callers with appropriate pre-arrival instructions including cardiopulmonary resuscitation, choking procedures, childbirth procedures and the treatment of unconscious patients.
- Liaise with the police, fire service and ambulance personnel to ensure the safety of staff and members of the public at the scene of an incident.
- To assist the passing of messages to facilitate ambulance response to the procedural standard set.
- Maintain patient and Trust confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act, the Trust's Code of Ethics, Confidentiality policy and Caldicott procedures.
- To operate telephony equipment specific to role, fax, radio and other communications equipment as required and in accordance with Trust Service Orders and procedures.
- Undertake mentoring of new members of EOC staff ensuring training is consolidated and a quality service is maintained by providing regular assessments, feedback and ongoing support to the individual.
- To assist in all aspects of processing and liaising with Non-Emergency Patient Transport Services.
- To undertake general clerical duties including the receipt and documentation of telephone calls.
. * To deliver excellent levels of customer service at all times. * To carry out other duties as and when required. Development: You will be required to participate in relevant development activities and development reviews.
These roles are an immediate start and located in Bradley Stoke in Bristol for the Trust
An Enhanced DBS Certificate will need to be obtained for this role.
For more information call 01392 432 861
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.