Are you a Patent Secretary/Paralegal currently looking for a new opportunity which will enable you to broaden your experience?
We're working on behalf of our client who are looking to expand their team of talented secretaries/paralegals for their Manchester office.
Working from their fantastic offices in Manchester City Centre, they offer an excellent salary and package plus benefits.
This is a varied and busy role full of responsibility which would suit an individual who is keen to progress their career.
This is an opportunity not to be missed.
- Assisting fee earners in obtaining information from UKIPO, EUIPO, WIPO and other IP related websites and databases
- Preparing reports to clients in respect of UKIPO and EUIPO surveillance notifications, and EUIPO Search Reports
- Reporting grants of protection of designations of International Registrations
- Assistance with assignments, changes of name/address and other recordals, including obtaining/collating information on requirements/costs, preparing documents (eg Powers of Attorney) for execution by clients, preparing forms/instructions to overseas associates, monitoring progress of recordals and reporting to client
- Preparing basic correspondence/emails to clients, IP offices and overseas agents
- Preparing standard reporting letters to clients
- Preparation of documentation relevant to patents, designs and/or trademarks as appropriate and monitoring various formalities processes relevant to the filing of UK, European, International and Patent Co-operation Treaty (PCT) applications. Including:
- Typing and amending Word documents with technical content
- Preparing forms and letters from templates with case-specific information
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing communications.
- Preparation and handling of all ancillary documentation as necessary (eg file management, photocopying, scanning etc).
- Instructing overseas agents to attend to filing of new patent, design and trade mark applications (including national phase of PCT applications), to include attending to all filing formalities
- Preparing and/or sending emails on behalf of fee earners.
- Monitoring fee earner deadlines/workloads, liaising with central Records Department and taking necessary action in respect of deadlines wherever appropriate.
- Maintaining fee earner diary.
- Assisting fee earners in obtaining information from EPO, UKIPO, EUIPO and other IP related websites.
- Preparation of cost estimates for clients.
- Running status reports and portfolio schedules as and when required by clients.
- Ability to work independently to a high standard and use own initiative wherever appropriate
- Excellent organisational skills
- Efficient, able to prioritise to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Must be able and willing to learn new systems and procedures
- Must be a team player, personable and approachable
- Able to work under pressure and respond to changing demands on a daily basis
- Very high attention to detail
- Good typing speed
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (2010)
- Experience of working within an IP, legal or other professional services environment
Call today 0161 828 5400 if you are interested.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.