Internal Sales Account Manager Southampton A fantastic opportunity to join a privately-owned company within their Sales Department. The company specialises in the manufacture of...
Logistics Manager - Southampton area - £40,000
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Logistics Manager who has a real focus on supporting the whole customer experience and who will take pride in their work. Ideally, you will have cold chain management and expertise along with a degree in logistics or the equivalent qualification.
This dynamic company offers employees a work environment that encourages creativity, work-life balance and meaningful rewards for outstanding work. They are committed to the personal and professional growth of all employees throughout the many phases of their careers.
- Responsible for the inventory management of the UK branch and looking after and developing a small team.
- Ensure orders are fulfilled and shipped accurately in accordance with customer requirements
- Minimise stock write off through expiry
- Liaise with US Logistics team regarding inventory stocking, forecasting and best practices
- Supervise, coach and train logistics team through hands on approach and exemplary leadership
- Liaise and negotiate with forwarding agents and suppliers
- Ordering of critical logistics supplies, monitoring quality and stock levels
- Produce metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements including guidelines on hazardous shipping
- Communicate daily with customer services team to ensure we are meeting/exceeding customer expectations
- Manage picking and packing of domestic and international orders
- Storage control of temperature sensitive inventory including monitoring and responding to freezer alarm call outs
- Proven working experience - especially in handling temperature sensitive reagents/chemicals and instrument systems
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrate ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics/customer relationship management software (SAP R3/Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
- Strong IT literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.