Tate are working with a leading All Girls Independent School to recruit an IT Technician to their schools team.
An integral part of the team, to be responsible, through the IT support team, for the care and maintenance of IT equipment and materials throughout the school. To support staff and students in a wide range of IT services in the day-to-day operation of the school.
SPECIFIC QUALITIES REQUIRED
- Analytical and problem solving
- Good Memory
- Honest and trustworthy
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent Googler and researcher
- Approachable and polite
- Work well under pressure
- To provide comprehensive IT support for staff and students
- Be aware of school and government policies and deliver the IT services in accordance with these
- Support a wide range of client devices and their applications
- Troubleshooting network, printing, telephone, AV, CCTV and computer issues
- Support and management of cloud services
- Manage Office 365 and help develop its potential as a VLE
- Manage users and permissions (Active Directory/GPO/ADFS)
- Provide out of hours support and maintenance.
- Installation and configuration of IT equipment, software and systems
- To perform routine hardware and software maintenance
- Monitor the systems to proactively predict and fix issues.
- Repairing replacing and cleaning of IT equipment
- Decommissioning of equipment in accordance to the WEEE directive
- Auditing hardware and software
- Installation of data cabling and support the cabled and Wi-Fi network (Switching/VLANs/Routing/Firewalls)
- Cable management and tidying in accordance with health and safety
- Backup and recovery of school data
- Ensure the safety and security of school systems and data from internal and external threats.
- Support VOIP phone system and mobile phones
- To attend relevant training to expand and keep IT skills current
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
Hours of work for this role are 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday with an hour for Lunch.
For more information please call Charlotte at Tate on 01392 432 861
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.