Tate are working with a leading company based on the outskirts of Exeter to recruit a Sales Administrator and PA, that will provide effective, comprehensive...
Are you and experienced Senior Administrator with Import/Export Experience? Looking for a new role in 2020? This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong import/export experience to join a well established manufacturing company based in Newton Abbot.
The role entails working as a member of the larger team in support of the Shipping Department. The successful candidate will be experienced in import/export shipping and will be able to liaise with all necessary parties to ensure that each order arrives to the customer on time. Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to perform well as a team member are all essential.
- Manage orders from start through to completion.
- Prepare and provide documentation to customers in accordance with the terms of shipment.
- Work with appointed freight forwarders to arrange bookings and obtain proof of export when necessary
- Organise Air, Sea and Road Import/Export as required.
- Communicate with existing customers via telephone and email, demonstrating a high level of customer service awareness to establish and meet customer needs and expectations.
- Negotiate rates with freight forwarders to maximise profits and reduce costs.
- Liaise with all relevant internal departments concerning orders to ensure successful completion (warehouse/production etc).
- Ensure timely invoicing of orders once despatched.
- Raise proformas and packing specifications as required.
- Apply correct Incoterms,
- Work closely with the Finance team providing information for invoicing on a timely basis
- Ability to understand and apply Incoterms, preferably 2020
- Computer literate - able to work with Winman, MS Office, Sharepoint and Customer portals
- Good attention to detail; delivering efficient and accurate work
- Ability to learn quickly and absorb information about products and business processes
- Must be able to manage priorities; dealing with many orders at any one time at various stages of the process
- Numerate - ability to interpret price lists, discounts, currency and exchange rates
- Background in shipping (Import/Export) desirable
Key Personal Competencies:
- Integrity: Show positive, ethical behaviours and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Dedication: Maintain a professional approach and a willingness to focus on excellence and commitment to the job.
- Intelligence: Have an open mind and develop outstanding skills.
- Imagination: Take a proactive approach to work and to problem solving.
Location: Based in Newton Abbot, Devon.
Reporting to: VP General Manager UK Operations
Hours of work: 8.30am - 4.30pm (Monday to Friday)
For more information call Charlotte at Tate on 01392 432 861
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.