My client based in Stevenage is looking for a number of Finance Assistants for their team. Your role will be to deliver financial support, undertake...
Have you recently left education and you are looking to kick start your career in Finance?
Have you just started your AAT and you are looking for an opportunity to work within a busy finance team, within a supportive environment whilst continuing your studies?
Are you keen to start your AAT studies and looking for a business that will support you in achieving this qualification?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then this may be the opportunity that you are looking for?
A bright, ambitious, focused and engaging individual who is passionate about having a career working within finance, is required to join an amazing business based in Stevenage. As a Junior Finance Assistant, you will be comprehensively trained in a wide variety of financial functions, from entry level sales ledger activity, right up to the preparation of monthly budget reports. Within this role you will also be supported through your AAT training.
This is a great opportunity that will offer the successful candidate long term development and growth opportunities.
As Junior Finance Assistant you will ultimately be responsible for:
- The production of the businesses monthly budget reports and providing budget support to the team
- The management and ordering of foreign currency for all team international travel
- Petty cash supervision and reconciliation
- Supporting the administration on all company credit card activity
- The processing of all payroll for the business. including issuing P45s, P60s and P46s
- Processing bank transfers
- Assisting with invoicing and supplier communications
- Supporting the sales ledger and income received process
The ideal Junior Finance Assistant candidate will need:
- To be doing their AAT or wanting to start their AAT qualification
- To be able to demonstrate an active interest in financial accounting
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail in their work
- To have some basic finance experience (preferable but not essential)
- An excellent level of numeracy skills
- To be extremely well organised and proactive
- To be trustworthy
- To have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To be able to work to tight deadlines
Working Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, based in Stevenage, within walking distance of Stevenage train station. you can expect to receive a salary between £19,000 - £21,000 plus benefits. This role also has on site parking.
If you have the experience to match the requirements, please apply now to Neil Copping. I will respond to all applications within 2/3 working days.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.