Our client based in Letchworth is looking to recruit an Office Administrator. The company is growing rapidly so there is lots of opportunity within the...
Post Room Assistant - Temp to Perm
Full time Monday to Friday
£10 per hour
We are recruiting for a very well established, global company that is based very centrally in Cambridge with good commute access. My Client is looking for the right person to be able to carry out all tasks reasonably assigned by the Deputy Facilities Manager but have specific responsibility for the following:
- Daily, taking ownership of all incoming mail to the various teams and deliver; consistently meeting SLA for service.
- Daily, track all outstanding despatched shipments; both international and UK inland. If concern is raised about the progress of a shipment meeting its time deadline target, liaise with the sender and inform the Deputy Facilities Manager.
- Keep the area tidy at all times and be mindful of any hazards that can be prevented
- Maintain a system of work which prevents incoming and outgoing mail becoming mixed.
- Daily prepare and despatch all outgoing mail, consistently meeting SLA for collections and despatch deadlines for post carriers.
- When despatching post take careful steps to identify: Internal Mail; Overseas Mail; Special and Recorded Delivery Mail; Mail to be despatched by a carrier other than Royal Mail.
- Maintain post room equipment in good working order and report all faults to maintenance companies promptly.
- Retain an adequate stock of post room supplies at all times and be mindful of supplier delivery timescales.
- On a monthly basis, i.e. by the 20th of each month, provide a breakdown of divisional costs for both Royal Mail and Parcel Force to the WNE Management Accountant.
- Retain historical data for postal despatch for a minimum of 6 months and monitor carrier performance discussing any areas of concern with Deputy Facilities Manager at weekly meetings.
- Provide support to the Education Division by preparing and despatching sales packs in accordance with their instructions.
- Check stationery supplies weekly and place order for additional stock
- Ensure stationery stores are always kept neat and tidy observing Health & Safety regulations. Maintain stationery stock to desk top items only and re-use recycled stationery items where possible.
- Process all Personal Protective Equipment orders as required.
- Check tea point and water cooler stock and replenish as required
- Monitor car park allocation
- Monitor paper supplies for printers and plotter weekly and place order for additional stock
- Monitor toner supplies for printers and plotter fortnightly and place order for additional stock
- Carry out monthly printer meter reads when prompted and submit
- Manage pool laptop stock, dealing with allocation, collection/returns and maintaining clear records.
Essential Competencies and Skills required:
- Good communication skills (verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Work with full attention to detail.
- Ability to organise workload and identify business priorities.
- Understanding of the company's health and safety requirements in relation to own specific work area and employing safe systems of work always when employing use of trolley and manual handling.
- Demonstrate patience and ability to remain calm whilst under pressure.
- Basic understanding of Word and Excel.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and be flexible to the requirements of a multi-functional support team.
If this sound like the right role for you then please do not delay and upload your CV now. If you have any questions at all then please call Julie on 01223 324433. This position is available and ready for an immediate start.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.