Tate are working with a leading Not for Profit organisation on the outskirts of Sidmouth who are looking to recruit a Finance Manager to their...
Tate are working with a leading Not for Profit organisation in the East Devon area to recruit a Finance Supervisor (Treasury) to their growing and successful organisation.
This is a Full-Time post for 35 hours per week Monday to Friday 08.30 - 16.30.
The primary purpose for this role is to ensure all financial transactions are recorded and allocated accurately and appropriately. This role is responsible for ensuring strong relationships are maintained with budget managers and administrators, improving the impact and understanding of financial reporting on charity performance and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies.
Core Role Responsibilities
Responsible for assisting with:
- Supervisory responsibility for the Accounts Payable functions;
- The General Ledger, Accounts Receivable Ledger, Cash Books and Project Ledger, ensuring data is accurate, up to date and consistent including the manual recording of cash and cheque income in the cash book and bank paying-in books to ensure timely banking of cash and cheques to maximise cash on deposit;
- Management and maintenance of PDQ machines and merchant accounts held with Barclays; · Relationships with banks, including performance management, mandate management and maintenance of statutory information;
- Production of cash flow and investment reports for the Financial Controller and Director of Finance and subsequent transferring of funds to maximise return on capital;
- All overseas currency requests (including foreign cash and currency cards) including ordering of currency from the banks, issuing to staff, reconciling the month end balances, agreeing foreign currency returned to expense claims, cash returned and ensuring any person expenditure is billed to the individual;
- Management of the sales ledger, issuing all miscellaneous invoices (e.g. Hayloft utilities, sheep keep, wayleave, staff purchases, personal expenditure on company credit card or Charity petty cash, staff rent and utilities, fixed asset sales and intercompany billing);
- Management of the insurance claim process through liaising with the business to ensure adequate records are kept, dealing with insurance brokers regarding claims and tracking claims through to resolution and payment;
- Carrying out any other reasonable duty as may be required.
Essential Experience for the role
- AAT Qualified, part qualified or desire to commence training (AAT or similar);
- Commercial experience in an accounting function with special reference to cashiering, treasury and accounting routines/procedures;
- Extensive experience in the use of accounting software (Open Accounts desirable);
- IT skills (intermediate level in Excel and Word minimum);
- An understanding of accounting systems and financial control procedures; · Experience of electronic banking software;
- Knowledge of partial exemption VAT, the nature and types of supplies;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills;
- A full valid driving licence.
For more information call Charlotte at Tate, Exeter on 01392 432 861
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.