Are you experienced within Front of House duties?
Do you love delivering exceptional hospitality, in customer facing roles?
If so, we have an amazing opportunity within one of our key legal client's offices, in central Manchester. Our client is a well-known organisation, with sites across the UK. They are on the market for a Receptionist / Hospitality Assistant, to be the face of their beautiful offices. The purpose of this role is to ensure that all clients receive 5-star hospitality service when visiting the office.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity. Hours of work will run in shift patterns between the hours of 7AM - 7PM. Our client is an exceptional business to work for offering exceptional benefits and a great environment.
- Ensure all clients receive a meet & greet service
- Co-ordinate all food and drink requirements for meetings
- Ensure all meeting rooms are set up in line with brand/standard
- Manage external client meeting room bookings
- Ensure all meeting equipment (AV/VC) is working and set up on time for all meetings
- Ensure daily security, preparation & maintenance of iPads (inc. Wi-Fi)
- Ensure all meeting rooms are set up in accordance with the organisers' requirements
- Pro-actively report any faults/tasks relating to building, cleaning, security to the relevant person[s]
- Ensure all relevant legislation is adhered to including H&S, risk assessments & food hygiene
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to and recommend changes when necessary [collecting customer feedback]
- Ensure all appropriate needs of our clients are met e.g. equipment, parking, security passes, refreshments and lunches etc.
- Setting high standards of integrity, punctuality, accuracy, politeness and professionalism
- Degree in tourism or hospitality management is preferential but not essential
- Computer literate and able to navigate different computer systems, e.g. o Microsoft Office & Outlook o Excel o Word o Condeco o PowerPoint o Power vote set up including collating feedback o Inter Action - not essential as internal training can be provided
- Effective communication skills, written & verbal
- Ideally able to speak foreign languages, but not essential
- Ideally experience of working in a reception or hospitality team
- Apply problem solving skills on a regular basis & identifying/coming up with better suited alternatives
- Proactive & forward thinking
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Able to interact and network with people
- Self-motivated and level headed
- Manual Handling qualification preferential but not essential
- £18k basic
- Annual package reviews
- Full holiday entitlement
- Pension contribution
- Pristine and easy to reach offices
- + many more excellent corporate benefits
My client is interviewing as of this week and they will move swiftly for the right candidate. If you are interested in this role, send me across an up to date CV!
0161 828 5400
Reception / Front / House / Hospitality / Host / Hostess /
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.