Business Development Manager role supporting one of the fasted growing events brands based in the heart of the West End, London. This role is paying...
Service Development Manager
Main purpose of the role:
The Service Development Manager is a key post and part of the Care and Support management team. The purpose of this post is to drive business improvement and development across our services and the organisation as a whole the following key areas of responsibility:
- Project management
- Business Development & Funding, Quality & Compliance
- Staff Training (Care and Support)
- Customer Engagement
- Active and Constructive Members of Care & Support management team
Roles and Responsibilities
- To lead on departmental and organisational projects developing and implementing service improvements across Care and Support Services, (examples could include personalisation of services, co-production, developing regulatory/contractual compliance processes and so on).
- To manage the development of new services and lead on the fee and contract negotiations with local authorities
- To lead on the mobilisation of new contracts
- To lead on the de-commissioning of services/contracts as required
- To lead or participate in cross-organisational projects seeking to deliver benefits to tenants and customers, drive efficiencies and improve the quality of our offering
- Working with the Director of Care & Support to co-ordinate and manage the development and submission of bids to local authorities, CCGs and other funders for the provision of social care and independent living services, adhering to the social care tendering procedure.
- Develop strong relationships with local authority and health commissioners across our areas of operation, developing strong organisational relationships, positioning our client as the provider of choice in the areas we operate.
- To lead on funding negotiations with local authorities and health commissioners ensuring the social care services are adequately funded.
- To support the delivery of added value services in social care through grant submissions to central government, local authorities, Trust & foundations and the National Lottery, where such funding will support and enhance the provision of services to our customers and tenants.
- To manage and develop the quality system for social care reviewing performance data and reports from our external independent CQC auditors. Based on this information make recommendations regarding areas for improvement/development on both a service specific and strategic basis. To review progress against the action plan and make the Director of Care & Support and Area Manager(s) aware if identified milestones are being missed
- To maintain a register of Care and Support Policy and Procedures ensuring these remain up-to date and reflect current legislation and best practise. To monitor the Policy and Procedure review process ensuring all Policies and Procedures are reviewed, updated and re issued within the designated timescale.
- To ensure that all care and support staff are trained in all areas of mandatory care and support training as determined by our regulator.
- In liaison with the Head of HR ensure that the organisational induction process remains relevant and fit for purpose in light of changing legislation and sector best practise.
- Work with direct reports to drive business planning activities and service improvement plans across their operational area. Setting relevant and challenging objectives and monitoring these to achieve positive results.
- Demonstrate excellent financial skills devising and managing budgets which maintain the financial viability of services and make a contribution to organisational overheads.
- Ensure that direct reports are provided with good quality support and supervision enabling targets to be achieved within timescale.
- Developing and maintaining key strategic and business relationships with all relevant stakeholders, ensuring that new business opportunities are maximised across our client's areas of operation.
- Must have at least 5 years proven experience in a social care environment at a management, policy or professional grade for adults with Learning disability and/or Mental Health.
- Understanding and knowledge of social care policy, regulations and best practise, experience of applying this knowledge to the enhancement and development of good quality operational services.
- Demonstrable Project Management experience on a broad scale leading to significant service improvements including the project management and submission of competitive tenders.
- Proven personal and project organisational skills, able to manage a number of projects simultaneously ensuring timescales and budgets are met, able to prioritise between conflicting demands to meet tight deadlines.
- A leader - able to build confidence and gain trust with excellent communication and relationship management skills able to work at and across all levels.
- A track record in budget setting, financial monitoring and achieving positive financial results in a challenging environment
- A proven ability in analysing, collating, monitoring and reporting service performance data to senior staff.
- IT proficient and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows software and ability to utilise ICT for effective programme/project management and communications.
- A track record in devising costing models, budget setting, financial monitoring and achieving positive financial results in a challenging environment
Notice Period: 3 Months
Salary: Up to 45K (dependent on skills and experience)
Must be a driver
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.