ReceptionistAbout the Role:This new and exciting position has arisen within a global film and media brand and we are looking for people with personality! The...
About the Role:
This new and exciting position has arisen within a global film and media brand and we are looking for people with personality! The role of the Senior Receptionist is to be an ambassador for the brand, be the first point of contact for all visitors and a professional who has their finger on the pulse of the business! If you are an organised professional with fantastic rapport building skills and a desire to add value where you can then we want to hear from you!
Main duties include:
- Responsible for day to day management and supervision of the Head Office reception desk and its associated duties as well as the Receptionist and their associated duties.
- Day to day management of the reception desk, including greeting guests on arrival, signing in visitors, answering telephones, screening and directing calls as appropriate.
- Management of multiple inboxes and responding to/delegating all office related queries from staff or guests including weekly car parking allocation, taxis, maintenance and call out services.
- Management of ID cards and entry passes for office including creating new ID cards for new starters, allocating new fobs and disabling fobs for leavers.
- Management and maintenance of multiple meeting rooms, booking rooms for staff and guests.
- Managing and ordering all office facilities supplies: kitchen stock, stationery, milk/newspapers, cleaning stock, etc.
- Maintaining the presentation of the office and Reception area to a high standard.
- Liaising with Building Management and keeping a log of reported faults.
- Liaising with contractors and the office Facilities Team regarding office maintenance.
- Managing requests relating to the external archive.
- Updating key contacts: internal telephone list and external suppliers list.
- Checking invoices and raising purchase orders for supplier payments.
- Managing all charity requests received to Head Office.
- Training/inducting permanent and temporary reception staff.
- Updating reception manual.
- Remaining up-to-date with all policies and procedures.
- Providing administrative support to the Head Office Operations team as required.
- Providing cover for the Communications Team when required.
- Ad-hoc duties as required
Oversee duties of the Receptionist:
- Daily post, recorded/special deliveries, organizing couriers and topping up and general maintenance of franking machine.
- Handling requests for tea and coffee for external meetings and ordering lunches.
- Health & Safety duties; daily check of fire exits, monthly check of first aid boxes and ordering stock when required, monthly fire extinguisher check and fire warden responsibilities.
- Daily morning walk-arounds to assess the cleaning standards and liaising with PA to VP of Operations to resolve issues.
- Completing daily morning and end of day checks to ensure security of the office and keeping log of reported issues.
- Carrying out filing, faxing, photocopying, typing and a variety of other administrative duties as required
- Weekly cleaning of coffee machines.
- Minimum 2 years in a Reception or Office Manager role.
- Strong written and face to face communication skills
- Strong IT skills to include Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience using a Door System fob manager preferred but not essential
Key Skills and Behaviors
Making an Impact
- As the face of the company and the first point of contact for anyone arriving at the Head Office a professional, polite, friendly and helpful presence is essential to this role.
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to deal appropriately with people at all levels
- The ability to communicate clearly with relevant information
- Good at building relationships and able to work with people from all areas of the business
- An excellent team player, ready to get stuck in
- Thee ability to maintain composure when handling challenging situations
Thinking it through
- The ability to find the right information to deal with queries
- The ability to understand and clearly communicate messages and information given to the relevant person
Being Action Focused
- The ability to work proactively and a willingness to go beyond the call of duty
- Actively working out the best way to get something done and deliver the small things that make a huge difference
- Actively engaged to deliver and strive to overcome barriers and hurdles proactive and able to prioritise effectively
Salary, Working Hours & Location:
£25K Salary plus benefits
A rotating shift pattern of 8.00am - 4.30pm or 9.00am - 5.30pm between 2 staff
Based in Brentford
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.