Are you an experienced administrator who thrives under pressure and enjoys handling multiple tasks at once? Our client is currently seeking an administrator to join...
Job Role: Admin Assistant
Hours: 35 hour week, Monday to Friday working shifts between 6am-8pm
My client is a national law firm offering a unique collection of specialisms across the commercial, public, health and insurance sectors, with offices in Birmingham, Exeter, London, Manchester and Nottingham. They have longstanding relationships with an impressive range of clients and aim to truly understand their needs to deliver an exceptional service which exceeds their expectations and makes their life easier.
Purpose of the role
To provide a high quality client experience (internal and external) in line with the firm's brand values and Standards
- Preparation and re-preparation of work - removal and replacement of all types of bindings
e.g. staples, paper clips, treasury tags, wallets etc. and insertion of "header sheets" to enable the work to be scanned ensuring the documents are returned to its original form once complete.
- Distribution and collection mail, faxes, cheques and other documents to & from departments and handling of sacks of up to 11kg in and out of the office
- Hand deliveries and collections to and from local sites
- Franking outgoing mail and & inter-office mail, arranging couriers and special deliveries etc. by request, completing the relevant details on the automated payment system
- Distribution of all courier and special deliveries, ensuring items logged in and signed for
- Assist with the moving & organisation of office equipment and furniture when required
- Scanning - Operation of high capacity and flat-bed scanners using Kofax Capture and VRS technology to ensure all scanned pages clear, legible, correctly rotated and no pages are missing
- Saving and sending documents/images to the document management system or as per requests
- Printing - All types of printing including printing from MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint,
MicroDicom, Adobe, Nitro and DMS
- Working with & editing digital and original documents including full bleed document creation, paginating, redacting, file label and spine creation
- CD burning and encryption, including copying CDs, saving files to CD from email/document management systems
- Retrieving & sending files to & from the offsite the storage provider as per requests, using software and hardware as appropriate
- Any other duties that may be required with the post
- Excellent IT skills with a minimum typing speed of 45wpm and good understanding and experience of using the following
- MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio
Knowledge of Kofax Capture, MicroDicom, Condeco, icompli, Visual files, Fiery print driver, electronic fax systems, workflow ticketing, document management & case management systems would be an advantage.
As part of the Legal Support Services Team, you will be expected to have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to adapt to change and understand the need to develop processes
- Keen to help advise and educate client's to enable them to make life easier for the services the team provide
- Positive can do attitude, with the ability to work on own initiative whilst maintaining a positive team spirit at all times
- Effective communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients & colleagues
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Work well under pressure and be able to work to set SLA's whilst remaining calm
- Able to adopt a common sense approach
- Keen to develop over a period of time with a willingness and ability to learn
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.