Design Manager - Salary Dependant on Experience
Tate are working with a Market Leading International Exhibitions Design Solution Company to recruit a Design Manager to support the team in their offices close to Exeter.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for one of our clients based near Exeter. They will create the best visual solutions for any marketing requirements. Whether a single display or an entire event, they will design and build the most innovative exhibition stand to reflect your brand. Due incoming projects and expansion they now are looking for an experienced Design Manager to join and lead their design team through this period of growth.
This is an exciting role for a highly experienced Exhibitions Designer looking to take their next step within their career. Working with 2D and 3D designers you will have Project Management and Design experience using CAD software and be a real visionary for the team. You will be their point of contact for all design solutions, you will be their inspiration and have a real vision and drive to provide the best designs solutions for their clients. You will also ensure timely delivery of Design through to Production making sure each individual project is managed and executed to the exceptional Indalo standards every time. A great communicator at all levels, you will proactively manage the design team and motivate them to achieve great results whilst also feeding back regularly to the Directors of the business. You will be the spearhead to continually review design process and procedure to ensure continual development in this area and added value for the business.
You will be someone hands on and a team player wanting to develop some fantastic talent already on the team, approachable and knowledgeable within Exhibitions from conception, design, production all the way to build and delivery is essential.
Specific tasks and responsibilities for Team Design Management:
- As the focal point for all Designers - you are required to be in full communication and approachable to all designers, who may require assistance with design solutions, at any stage of the design project.
- WIP /Teamwork to be reviewed, assessed and monitored daily, or when required, with the Design Team.
- Develop, improve and strive to finalise the design standards and templates, for internal and external presentation purposes.
- Helping to improve the design process where and when necessary.
- Quality control (QC) - checking designs and drawings at any stage of design, when required, prior to sending to Project Managers.
- Liaising with Project Support and Project Managers where necessary, for further information required from the organisers or the Client.
- Assisting with stand construction solutions and specifications, liaising with in house production, contractors and suppliers where necessary or when required.
- Liaising with the site regulations for stand approval, when required.
- Obtaining calculations for double deck stand design approval.
- Assisting the Graphic designers to obtain origination from the client including dealing with any delays.
- Graphic production quotations and orders. Assisting with communication between graphic design and production with details, for quotations.
- Assisting in resolving problems with achieving deadlines if required whereby a new deadline would need to be negotiated with PM and designer.
- Reporting back regularly to Director, to go through overview of WIP or any other issues regarding design work, solutions, workflow, process, standards, design team performance or other staff communication.
Decision Making & Motivation
- Gathers all necessary relevant information
- Quickly and accurately assimilates
- Applies knowledge and experience astutely
- Seeks advice from others when appropriate
- Queries existing procedures where appropriate and considers alternatives
- Appraises new ideas fairly
- Produces practical plans for innovative ideas to change
- Supports implementation of new working practises
- Requests work which extends their experience or offers new challenges
- Seeks to achieve the goals and targets set for them, monitoring progress in doing so.
- Plans and organises their workload
This is a role for a candidate with extensive Exhibitions knowledge and design. For more information please call Charlotte on 01392 432 861.
The Salary for this role is Dependant on Experience.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.