Purchasing Administrator Eastleigh £22,000We are supporting one of the UK's leading distributors who have a fast growing global network and they are looking to recruit...
Purchasing Assistant - Southampton - Salary - DOE + Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with purchasing experience to join a global organisation who are enjoying consistent growth within their industry. You will be joining a fun and friendly team who are incredibly hard working and supportive and there is ongoing training and development.
You must have the ability to build strong working relationships but also take an assertive approach when dealing with suppliers. Communication is absolutely key in this role and an energetic and naturally motivated character is needed.
- Expedite past due deliveries with suppliers with priority on products with existing customer orders in place and then updating status on the system
- Respond with a sense of urgency to any request or issue and provide information and/or resolution in an expeditious manner to the appropriate personnel.
- Interact with all suppliers, internal and external parties in a friendly, timely and helpful manner.
- Weekly liaison with Sales Managers to determine critical business requirements that require escalation within Suppliers.
- Weekly supplier calls to progress critical business issues and drive resolution.
- Running of necessary reports to monitor backlog progress as required.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, as well as general knowledge of Excel and Word is required.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to recognise a potential problem and react quickly and effectively.
- Display good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must demonstrate good team and human relations skills, reliable.
- Must be enthusiastic and proactive team player.
- Punctuality and dependability are crucial.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.