Lettings and Project Officer Overall Role Objectives Our client has an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team providing housing management and tenancy...
Property Compliance Co-ordinator
Overall Role Objectives
Our client has an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team providing housing and property management and tenancy sustainment support services to our client's client group, which includes customers with learning disabilities, mental health needs and / or physical and sensory impairments.
Purpose of the role
The successful candidate will take the lead on the administration and co-ordination of property compliance work programmes, supporting the organisation to deliver consistent, high quality services which address Landlord Health & Safety compliance.
You will act as a first point of contact for customers / tenants and others accessing our client's services by phone or email, providing customer-focused service support.
- Work with the PSM to develop and co-ordinate work programmes relating to property compliance / landlord health and safety, including:
- Gas servicing and repairs
- Electrical inspections and remedial work
- Water safety management
- Asbestos surveys and management of the asbestos register
- Lift and lifting equipment inspection, servicing and repairs
- Fire safety risk assessments, remedial works and safety management
- Effectively manage information relating to landlord health and safety using databases, Excel spreadsheets and filing systems; demonstrate accuracy and consistency of data storage and effective information retrieval.
- Work with IT consultants, colleagues and others to help develop and to manage databases to record and report on property compliance activity.
- Assist the PSM and other team members to draw up and improve business processes and procedures for the effective management of property compliance.
- Proactively monitor compliance work programmes and activity due dates; raise works orders with contractors and service providers as required.
- Monitor contract end dates and other contract amendments for action with PSM and others; assist the PSM with contract procurement administration.
- Assist contractors to make appointments and successfully gain access to properties to carry out their required tasks, liaising with customers, their representatives, Housing Management staff, Care & Support staff, contractors and others; maintain templates and produce standard and bespoke letters and other correspondence.
- When certificates and reports from contractors recommend follow-up or remedial action, to notify the Property Services Team and co-ordinate the completion of that work.
- Ensure that all invoices for surveys and certificated work are accompanied by the appropriate certificates or reports prior to payment authorisation by the PSM and others.
- Update central records and other service monitoring and administrative systems for a range of housing / tenancy management services, including the Housing Management / CRM system; log updates and make amendments to the data as required, including customer contact information; ensure that records are accurate and up to date, flagging any problems to the appropriate manager / colleague.
- KPIs / performance data: support the PSM in producing monthly monitoring and other performance reports, including obtaining reports and information from contractors / service providers and others. Collate and present data relating to service performance.
- Meetings and event administration: assist with the organising of meetings, which may include preparation of agenda and meeting papers, organising meeting dates, rooms and hospitality, taking notes, recording follow up actions, circulating minutes and other information.
- Provide a front line housing management telephone and email service for our client's customers / tenants and others, responding in a helpful and tactful manner, logging and resolving enquiries where possible or directing callers to the appropriate people either inside the organisation or elsewhere.
- Work closely with colleagues to keep up to date with our client's services, policies and procedures in order to provide advice and respond appropriately to queries, ensuring that customers can access and receive seamless services across Housing and Property management.
- Interrogate our client's customer database and other sources of information to access information about the Association's properties, customers and their support needs.
- Build and develop effective working relationships with suppliers, contractors and other external agencies involved in the delivery of services to our client's customers; ensure that contact information is up to date.
- Comply with financial policies and procedures in relation to expenses and mileage claims, petty cash, company credit card purchases, purchase orders, contract management and the procurement of goods and services.
- To assist the team and company as a whole to fulfil our Safeguarding duties by being vigilant and proactive about assessing safeguarding issues with regards to customers using or visiting our client's services. Take appropriate action to protect customers from all forms of abuse and promote the well-being of those using our services.
- To comply at all times with the Association's legal, contractual and regulatory responsibilities in relation to the above duties, including data protection / GDPR.
- To be aware of and comply with all the Association's current policies, procedures and guidelines and to keep up to date with the knowledge and skills required to deliver the responsibilities of the role, including attending training, learning from others and personal research and study.
Monday to Friday - 9am until 5pm
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.