A world-renowned academic institution based in the heart of the City of London is seeking a Project Support Officer, paying between £30,000 £36,000 + an...
Lettings and Project Officer
Purpose of the role
The Successful candidate will be tasked to co-ordinate the nominations and lettings service for our client's properties, working closely with Housing & Property Management staff and Care & Support staff to keep void periods to a minimum and ensure that our client's homes are let appropriately and within target timescales.
You will provide a project management resource to support the Housing Management team in developing a policy and procedure framework to underpin effective service delivery.
- Working with Housing & Support Officers and other colleagues across the organisation, with customers and their representatives (eg families / appointees and support providers) and with other external agencies, coordinate and administer our client's lettings service.
- Prepare and collate documentation relating to ending and letting tenancies including Offer Letters, Tenancy Agreements and associated documents, update the housing management database and other IT systems, all in line with administrative and legal requirements.Initiate the search for potential new tenants and manage all aspects of marketing / advertising of empty properties, including local authority Choice Based Lettings, applications, shortlists and scheduling accompanied viewings.
- Create new tenancies on the housing management system, ensuring that all relevant tenancy information is collected and input, such as the assessment and signed tenancy agreement paperwork, service charge information, HB authorisation forms, key receipts etc.
- Nominations agreements: maintain accurate, up to date and readily accessible records of all nomination agreements for properties and ensure that these are adhered to when letting properties.
- Build and develop effective working relationships with local authorities and others who have nomination rights to properties, including regular contact either face to face or by phone / email, in order to meet occupancy targets.To participate in projects and working groups covering a range of supported housing, tenancy and property management activities, which will include collating information about nominations and lease agreements and Service Level Agreements. Assist the Property Services Manager and their team with property management related service improvement projects, ensuring that customers are able to access and receive seamless services across both Housing and Property management.
- Assist the team with developing user-friendly data sources and record keeping systems in order to continually improve service delivery; maintain accurate and up to date database information (housing management system, Excel, or other).
- Develop specialised knowledge and skills in the service area, our client's housing stock, customer base and partner organisations in order to contribute to service improvement.
- To complete in a timely and accurate way all forms and records relating to customers' moves in and out of our client's properties, including CORE, tenancy records etc and assist with the completion of statistical data as requested by the HSM.
- Responsible for the Voids and Lettings data report, working with Property and Housing colleagues and others to ensure that information is accurate, up to date and provides performance management information to measure and improve service performance.
- To maintain accurate, comprehensive and up to date customer contact information and other service monitoring and administrative systems in accordance with our client's policies and procedures.
- Complete periodic lettings returns as required by the Local Authorities or landlords (eg where our client is the managing agent) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for amending / updating the tenancy database / housing management system to reflect changes eg tenancy changes, name changes, appointee details etc.
- To comply with our client's financial policies and procedures in relation to expenses and mileage claims, petty cash, contract management and the procurement of goods and services.
- To assist the team as a whole to fulfil our Safeguarding duties by being vigilant and proactive about assessing safeguarding issues with regards to customers using or visiting our client's services. Take appropriate action to protect customers from all forms of abuse and promote the wellbeing of those using our services.
- To comply at all times with the Association's legal, contractual and regulatory responsibilities in relation to the above duties, including data protection / GDPR.
- To be aware of and comply with all the Association's current policies, procedures and guidelines and to keep up to date with the knowledge and skills required to deliver the responsibilities of the role, including attending training, learning from others and personal research and study.
- To promote effective multi-agency working by keeping up to date on other relevant statutory and voluntary agencies, cultivating local contacts, attending regular panel and other meetings and generally promoting the work of our client with other agencies.
- Our client is committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment and expects all employees to observe and promote Health & Safety related policies in all areas of their work, including attending training as appropriate.To work and communicate effectively with colleagues to meet organizational and team objectives and targets
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.