Support Engineer X 2
FULLY REMOTE WORKING AVAILABLE
Company is based in Guildford, Surrey
- Normal UK hours 09:00 - 17:30
- Night Shift 00:00 - 08:30
Purpose of the role:
A member of the Customer Technical Support team, the Senior Support Engineer will provide level 1 and level 2 technical support and maintenance services for customers. At all times adhering to processes and controls, the Senior Support Engineer will ensure that all support SLAs are met.
This role will also include the training and development of junior members of the team.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support services for all products, ensuring that details are accurately logged in the ticket tracking system and that the Support SLA's are met
- Maintain appropriate communications with customer for all P1, P2 and referred issues, managing the customer on escalation calls when required
- Run and analyse traces
- Install certificates
- Assist junior and level 1 engineers to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Manage small support & maintenance projects
- Perform customer patching and upgrades
- Create and distribute customer ESOWs
- Validate update/upgrade processes
- Assist with the training of junior and level 1 engineers and with the creation of training documentation
- Provide customer troubleshooting training
- Always maintain the professional representation (internally and externally)
- Working effectively with all areas of Sales, Operations and IT teams to ensure the customers are receiving an excellent service.
- Performing patching activities for the following:
- Firewalls device
- Cisco Switches
- Ubuntu / Centos virtual machines
- VMware ESXi hosts
Strong spoken and written English Language skills
Good Linux OS experience
Linux based server builds
Creation and maintaining of VMs
Good working knowledge of TCP/IP networking - firewalls and routers an advantage
Good working knowledge of ISRs, SBCs, Nagios monitoring and all Semafone product components
SIP/VOIP knowledge and troubleshooting skills
Network knowledge and troubleshooting
Hands-on TDM/VOIP Telephony Experience
IT-based degree level qualification or equivalent IT knowledge to the required level
At least 2 years' experience as a level 1 & 2 support Engineer
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted