Accountant £45K Aldershot Our client is looking for an experienced Accountant to join their team. The right candidate must have 5 years public practice experience...
Rent Accounting Officer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a confident, reliable and enthusiastic Rent Accounting Officer to join their Finance team and work with the Revenue and Arrears Officer to maximize income and reduce the arrears. The team is a collaborative one and the brand has a key focus on their workforce and maintaining an enjoyable place to work
Purpose of the role:
To support the provision of a robust rent accounting process, to maintain accurate rent accounts and provide internal and external information to stakeholders. Reconciliation of all rent accounts including holding accounts and processing of rent refund applications are key aspects of the role.
- Responsible for all posting of cash received from Local Authorities and tenants for rent.
- Production of rent statements.
- Notify residents of Housing Benefit entitlement on receipt of Housing Benefit award letters.
- Issuing Allpay cards to new tenants.
- Setting up Direct Debits, cancelling and amending payments
- Entering new tenancies onto the finance system.
- Ending tenancies via the finance system.
- Check Bank Statements daily, matching HB schedules to payments received and accurately posting daily to computer system (QLx).
- Downloading & Posting ALLPAY Payments on computer system to QLx.
- Post tenant standing order payments to QLx from Daily Bank Statements.
- Post cheques and deal with any other postings or adjustments to rent accounts.
- Checking HB notifications and updating QLx.
- Amend HB contributions on QLx and advising tenant of any changes to their weekly awards / tenant contribution.
- Close down the accounting period weekly, debit on QLx once all payments for the current week have been posted and Notice of Vacancy have been received to confirm any tenancy terminations due to end.
- Creating new Tenancies and Ending current tenancies promptly and accurately on QLx
- Open current accounting period on QLx once previous week's period is closed.
- Experience of working in a finance department
- Experienced in posting cash to ledgers
- Experience of working in a housing services environment.
- A track record of achieving targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills appropriate to the requirements of the job role.
- Proven personal organisational skills to manage an extensive workload, prioritise between conflicting demands, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team in delivering the objectives of the association
- An ability to use IT packages including Word, Excel, integrated housing management systems, the internet and intranet.
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Knowledge of bank reconciliation process
- A basic understanding of housing management processes with basic understanding of Universal Credit process and Housing Benefit process.
- An understanding of disability issues and barriers to equality and inclusion.
- An understanding of tenancy and property management issues.
- Provide cover for elsewhere in the Association, when required.
- To promote and implement the Equal Opportunities policy in all aspects of the post holders work
- Comply with health, safety and welfare policy and contribute to good health and safety practice as appropriate.
- Attend such training courses, conferences and meetings as required.
- Undertake any other duties with the general level of responsibility of the post.
Salary and Working Patterns:
- £23,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
- Monday to Friday role
- 09:00 - 17:00
- Full Time Role
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.