Account Manager£33500.00 plus bonus and excellent benefits Dorking, Surrey Exciting opportunity for a business minded, ambitious individual with excellent communication skills and a drive to...
Cargo Operations Agent
About Our Client:
A leading brand in their sector with over 60 years' experience in delivering a high standard of service to their customers, our client is now looking to add to its ever growing workforce in the Heathrow area by employing a Cargo Operations Agent. If you have a strong work ethic and a willingness to continually develop then this is most certainly the role for you!
- To provide good support to the cargo traffic staff, this will include;- Import's & Export document handling, Cargo spot data processing. Dealing with agent enquiries, following processes for damaged cargo, dangerous goods acceptance (after training)
- Complying with the brands cargo acceptance procedures which involve good communication to our customers and authorities (HMC) (DFT) etc., when required.
- Working as a team player with the business, and show flexibility when required to meet all aspect of flight operations.
- Working to deadlines and following set procedures in all aspects of preparing flights to enable safe operation. (weight management & dangerous goods compliance including segregation)
- Accurate reporting for statistics purpose and account documents and communication between shifts for flight handover.
- Assist and manage the ULD system including monthly stock control and ULD rotation.
- Eventually to be trained to check acceptance of documents and freight for dangerous goods. Training level is to obtain a Category 6.
- Learn the key processes (Flight arrival handling and document distribution) of Import & Export Cargo management
- The jobholder may be required, from time to time, to carry out other duties provided, which are within the general level of responsibility of the duties set out above and within the abilities of the jobholder.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Prior Cargo Operations experience preferred
- At least 1 years' experience as a Ground Handling Agent.
- All candidates must be able to obtain an airside security pass which includes DBS clearance to obtain an Airside Pass
- Current full driving licence
- Good level of English language
- Able to understand and follow manuals when required. Training on an OJT basis is applied
- Reasonable levels of computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Able to demonstrate a flexible attitude towards work
Business skills & Behaviour:
- Team player
- Excellent communication skill in all areas
- Able to work under pressure
- Maintain focus on all aspects of work
- Show initiative
- Looks to improve efficiency and quality of service
Salary and Working Hours:
Shifts are 4 on and 2 off
05:00 - 14:00
11:00 - 20:00
12:00 - 21:30
No shifts finish any later than 22:00
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.