Tate have a new permanent Finance position available.
This new position for a Junior Finance Business Partner has been created due to continued growth and expansion of a multi-site scientific research business.
The purpose of this role is to support the central finance team with the day to day processes, controls, accounting systems and aid with the planning and reporting for the Stevenage site whist supporting the organisation's multiple business streams.
The organisation is recruiting for a business astute candidate, with previous commercial experience, including month end and balance sheet management. Educated to AAT / degree level, Part or recently qualified with a recognised Accounting Body.
The business has a very credible employee engagement and retention record. The office environment is safe and professional. You will be welcomed into the business through a structured induction programme and benefits are generous.
Parking, accessible by road A1m and Northern Thameslink line from Cambridge to London (alight at Stevenage)
Your Key Accountabilities in this role will be:
Assist with Month End Close and related reporting/variance analysis including:
- Posting accruals
- Reviewing fixed assets - creations, disposals and depreciation
- Determining prepayments and releasing them correctly
- Reviewing and posting credit card reconciliations and accruals
- Reviewing and releasing purchase orders
- Assist with the balance sheet reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner including:
- Bank reconciliations
- Fixed asset register
- Prepayments register
- Processing invoices and preparing them for payments runs
- Active involvement in process improvement initiatives within the Finance team
- Providing cover for other Finance team members where necessary
- Preparing and updating process notes
And, other ad-hoc duties as required to support the Finance team in achieving overall objectives
Can you bring us
- Knowledge of ERP systems and how they operate within a business (desirable)
- Enthusiasm and motivation with a desire to learn new skills and processes
- Flexibility and happy to do tasks at varying levels of difficulty
- Team player values, reliability, and ability to quickly establish credibility and build rapport and trust
- Excellent IT Skills, with at least intermediate level Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives.
- A keen interest in continuous process improvement
- Willingness to travel, in particular to London where part of the finance team is based for team meetings etc.
Tate will shortlist, register and submit candidates w/c 10 August.
Please use the APPLY button to attach your CV and be contactable by phone or email.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted