We are looking for an experienced Paralegal to support the UK Regulator of Pensions in their excellent office location in the heart of Brighton working within a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce. This is a permanent full time position paying £29,422 per annum.
- Managing your own litigation case load of cases including preparing responses, providing advice, organising evidence and appearing at Tribunals as required
- Provide support to lawyers as and when required
- Conduct legal research
- Efficient management of documents including indexing, document collation, document organisation and evidence analysis
- Create and maintain an index of documents for disclosure exercise as required
- Co-ordinate the team's litigation function, sharing best practice and maintaining know how
- Liaise with legal counsel and other external parties
- Peer support and provide induction to support staff Co-ordination of legal costs and invoicing
- Attend Determination Panel/Tribunal/Court Hearings when required to provide administrative support
- Formatting and production of legal documents
- Arranging service of legal case documents on external parties
- Filing documentation with the Determinations Panel/Tribunal/Court to required deadlines
- Providing support to the Professional Support Lawyer
- General minute/note taking and meeting facilitation
- Candidate must have a relevant legal qualification (law degree, CPE, LPC, ILEX)
- Knowledge of Court/ Regulatory procedures
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act/ Freedom of Information general principles
- Strong IT skills, including experience of Word, Excel PowerPoint, Adobe Professional and document management systems
- Previous paralegal experience (preferably in a commercial civil litigation setting but not essential)
- Working knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience of document review is desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will be highly attentive, well organised with a client focused approach to work.
This is a full working Monday-Friday, 9-5pm, civil service pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, flexible working and opportunities to progress your career.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.