Tate are working with an International Manufacturing company based in Trafford.Due to growth within the company our client has a fantastic opportunity for an...
You could be the newest edition to our clients well-established, family run business. Based in Trafford Park, with sites across the Greater Manchester area, our client are keen to expand their team due to sustained growth. If you're an experienced Credit Controller with strong administrative skills and a car, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working closely with the Area Depot Administrator this is a newly created role within the Finance function and the successful applicant will be required to undertake some travel between the company's depots in the North West.
The role will consist of two functions, credit control and general accounting/administration:
Within Credit Control
- Gain knowledge of the credit control function within the company's depot structure.
- Gain knowledge of working with the bespoke depot and online computer system.
- Work closely with the Area Depot Administrator in creating a cohesive credit control procedure for all depots to follow.
- Communicate competently on the telephone and in person with customers, staff and directors, in a courteous and professional manner and communicate calls or information onward to the relevant person.
- Assist the Depot Manager and implement the credit control procedure at depot level.
- Aid in the processing of cash and cheque transactions onto customer accounts.
- Aid in the correct allocations onto customer accounts.
- Aid in chasing outstanding invoices.
- Achieve set targets for debt collection at depot level.
- Provision of information and liaison with legal support for debt recovery process.
Within the General accounting function
- Work on MS Excel/Google spreadsheets in order to collate and analyse data.
- Utilise Sage 200 Accounting to prepare the Monthly Accounts working closely with the Finance Manager, to produce Management Accounts to a strict timetable.
- Complete and process accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and other month end journals.
- Assist with the efficient and effective working of the administration of the Company with emphasis on the timely, accurate and comprehensive provision of financial and management information.
- Manage the filing of information in an ordered and logical fashion.
- Safeguard the information and assets of the Company by due regard for security of its cash and cash equivalent assets, premises, computer and filing systems.
- Provide general support and assistance for the Finance Manager.
- Up to £23k basic salary
- Mileage paid between depots (45p per mile)
- Long term job security
- 28 days paid holiday entitlement per annum
- Membership of workplace pension scheme
- Free parking at all sites
Hours of work are 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in, applying for this position or enquiring about further details - email me an up to date CV and give me a call. My client are offering an immediate start.
0161 828 5400
zac.carmody @ tate.co.uk
Credit / control / finance / accounts / administrative / admin
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.