A new vacancy for an Assistant Financial Accountant, (AAT level or equiv.) who would love an opportunity to work for an innovative organisation who are...
Are you in a junior management accounts role and you looking for that next step?
Does your current role involve producing and monitoring complex product costings?
If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then this may be the next role you are looking for....
A talented and energetic Assistant Management Accountant is required to join a leading manufacturing business. In this role based in a friendly office in Stevenage, you will be supporting the company accountant in all aspects of management accounting. If you are thinking this role suites you, one critical area of experience that you must have is the ability to manage product costings and review these costings on a monthly basis.
As Assistant Management Accountant - with support and guidance from the company accountant you will ultimately be responsible for:
- Thwe production and management of product costings as well as analysing stock and cost movements
- Managing the fixed asset register
- The production of the weekly performance reports
- Reconciling inter-company returns
- Assist in job cost reviews and reporting
- The preparation of accounts up to trial balance in order to produce and analyse management accounts
- Month end reporting
- Completion of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintaining and producing VAT returns and Customs duty records
The ideal Assistant Management Accountant candidate will need:
- Experience within a similar role including preparation of management accounts
- Experience in the production and management of product costings as well as analysing stock and cost movements
- A solid background in financial accounting
- Qualified or studying toward AAT, ACCA or CIMA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of preparing VAT returns, EC sales and creating key financial reports
- An ability to build strong working relationships
Working Monday to Friday 8:30 to 5pm (36.5 hours per week) you will be based in Stevenage , you can expect to receive a salary up to £28,000 plus benefits.
If you have the experience to match the requirements, please apply now to Neil Copping. I will respond to all applications within 2/3 working days.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.