My client based in central Bristol are looking for an experienced administrator to start in their Safeguarding Team.In this role, your duties would include:Attending Safeguarding...
Tate are working with a New firm in the Bristol area to recruit an experienced IP Secretary for their new office. Supporting 1 Associate and 2 technical assistants, the principal place of work will be the Firm's Bristol office. The Firm is located on other sites within the UK and Europe; travel to, and work from, these offices may be required from time to time.
This position is open to part time or full time hours. Full time is 35 hours per week to be worked in accordance with the provisions of the Firm's flexitime scheme.
Purpose of role:
To provide a full support service to qualified and trainee Patent and/or Trade Mark Attorneys. Work as part of an overall team to ensure a high level of support is delivered across the Bristol office and the Firm as a whole.
Secretarial Job Specification:
- Preparation of documentation relevant to patents, designs and/or trademarks as appropriate and monitoring various formalities processes relevant to the filing of UK, European, International and Patent Co-operation Treaty (PCT) applications. Including:Typing and amending Word documents with technical content
- Preparing forms and letters from templates with case-specific information
- Preparation of various documentation and presentations relevant to fee earner involvement in committees and other professional activities.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing communications.
- Preparation and handling of all ancillary documentation as necessary (eg file management, photocopying, scanning etc).
- Instructing overseas agents to attend to filing of new patent, design and trade mark applications (including national phase of PCT applications), to include attending to all filing formalities
- Preparing and/or sending emails on behalf of fee earners.
- Monitoring fee earner deadlines/workloads, liaising with central Records Department and taking necessary action in respect of deadlines wherever appropriate.
- Maintaining fee earner diary.
- Assisting fee earners in obtaining information from EPO, UKIPO, EUIPO and other IP related websites.
- Preparation of cost estimates for clients.
- Running status reports and portfolio schedules as and when required by clients.
- Preparation of invoices.
- Monitoring of fee earner Work In Progress wherever appropriate.
- Checking new client details on Inprotech database and updating various other records.
- Maintaining client files with relevant client specific information, eg standard procedures re billing, correspondence etc.
- Arranging fee earner travel as required. Preparation of Travel Itineraries and dealing with expense claims on behalf of fee earner, if required.
- Acting as point of contact for client enquiries on behalf of fee earner. Making and receiving telephone calls and dealing with general enquiries.
- Point of contact when arranging internal and external meetings, booking of rooms, venues and refreshments.
- As required, assisting with ad hoc responsibilities and administrative tasks to support fee earners, office administration, social organisation, client care, client events etc
Office Administrator Job Specification:
- Ordering/maintenance of office equipment
- Receiving and distributing incoming inter-office post
- Co-ordinating special deliveries/courier services (incoming/outgoing)
- Organising staff card and gift collections for leaving, retirement, babies, etc
- Organising food and drink for office functions, meetings and webinars
- Organising Bristol Christmas party
- Organising charity events in conjunction with HR
- Monitoring and ordering printing/stationery supplies
- Maintaining paper levels in printers, photocopiers and other equipment as required
- For client events, liaise with Orega (service office provider) on booking of meeting rooms, refreshments etc
- This is a brand new office location. The successful candidate will be the first support personnel recruited to this office. Therefore, whilst undergoing this growth phase, the secretary appointed to this position must be comfortable with working in the office on their own on some days
- Ability to work independently to a high standard and use own initiative wherever appropriate
- Excellent organisational skills
- Efficient, able to prioritise to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Must be able and willing to learn new systems and procedures
- Must be a team player, personable and approachable
- Able to work under pressure and respond to changing demands on a daily basis
- Very high attention to detail
- Good typing speed
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (2010)
- Experience of working within an IP, legal or other professional services environment
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint advantageous
- Any experience of Inprotech Database system advantageous, although systems induction training will be provided
- Preference for CIPA Patent Administrators Course and/or CITMA Administrators Course (IP Formalities Assistant job title applies to these qualifications being attained)
For more information call Charlotte on 01392 432 861
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.