Bookkeeper/Management Accountant £25k to £30k St Albans, Hertfordshire Set within an idyllic setting, just on the outskirts of St Albans, our Client a reputation...
Excellent opportunity for someone looking for School Hours. Part Time Bookkeeper permanent job opportunity. (25-28 hours, mornings)
Rural location easily accessible from Hitchin and Luton.
Tasks will include managing the day to day finances of the business using some accounting software and a database system. We are looking for someone with good attention to detail, capable of implementing new initiatives and processes with emphasis on strong transactional bookkeeping skills.
You will have a strong knowledge of bookkeeping but qualifications are not necessarily required.
Hours and Salary:
The role requires a minimum of 25 hours to be spread over a 5 day working week and is office based. You will need your own transport to get to this office location.
Start and finish times are to be agreed with the business owner. The salary equates to a full-time equivalent of £30k to be adjusted on a pro-rata basis for contracted hours (based on a 35 hour working week). Holiday entitlement will be 20 days to be adjusted pro-rata on contracted hour.
- Processing VAT returns
- Processing payroll and pension administration and HMRC payments
- Producing and reviewing management reports
- Recording cash receipts daily
- Depositing cheques and cash when required
- Registering tenancy deposits
- Ensuring that receivables are collected promptly and chasing any aged debts
- Coding supplier invoices and processing payment by BACS
- Implementing new purchase order pre-approval system
- Arranging utility re-charges
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Reconciling all accounts ledgers to ensure their accuracy
- Monitoring and controlling fixed assets
- Issuing invoices
- Preparing and monitoring annual budgets with each enterprise manager
- Calculating variances from the budget and reporting significant issues to management
- Maintaining an orderly accounting filing system
- General office duties as required in a small team
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
- A flexible can-do attitude, willingness to learn and be a team player
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- A professional manner & communication skills
- be articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Excel, databases and ability to pick up new software quickly
- High efficiency, organisational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Needs to be comfortable working in a rural farm environment/culture
Tate are looking forward to hearing from you. Please attach your CV that sets out your previous accounts and bookkeeping experience. Tate will review applications in the next 2 working days.
This position is set to start by 1 October ideally.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.