Calling graduates!We are recruiting for our client who have a fantastic opportunity to work within their business on their graduate scheme, to learn and develop...
Procurement Manager £30k to £35k St Albans, Hertfordshire plus benefits
With over 25 years' experience in the servers, storage and IT solutions industry, our client a principle distributor to a number of the industry's most renowned and globally recognised names are currently on the recruit for an experienced Purchasing Manager who is ready to hit the ground running. The role is to support an existing team of Assistant Buyers as well as to hold key responsibility for purchasing of core vendors.
Daily activities will include, but not be exhausted of:-
- Leading and management of a team of Assistant Buyers, including allocation of daily tasks and one to ones and creation of KPIs
- Analysing stock, including forecasting for direct vendors
- Placing and chasing more complex orders with suppliers
- Applying for special pricing where required for large quantity items and projects
- Responsibly working towards continual improvement of the processes and procedures within the department to improve efficiency and efficacy and work with Compliance team to implement any changes from evaluations including SWOT/ISO audits
- Exceeding of customer expectations with regards to delivery times
- Setting up new parts on the system as required
Skills and experience:-
- Minimum of 5 years in a Procurement role
- A proactive and personable nature with the ability to think outside the box
- Strong negotiation capability
- Computer literate - with an emphasis to Excel
- Financial acumen
- Lots of enthusiasm!
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.