My client are a well-established and growing company based in the city centre of Manchester. You could be the latest edition to their expanding team....
If you're an experienced HR professional looking for a new challenge within a reputable firm, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our prestigious client are a well-known, international law firm. Based in city centre of Manchester, they are easily reachable by all modes of transport. My client are on the market for a HR Generalist to join the human resources team, on a fixed-term, 3 month contract. With a view to extend or offer a permanent position. You will be overseeing the HR functions for two sites, Manchester and Leeds.
Within this role, you will:
- Acting as an ambassador for the business, the role will involve working on your own initiative and being pro-active in the day to day management of all employees to enable the business to manage effectively
- Build effective relationships with Partners and Managers in order to understand priorities and objectives relating to employee recruitment and performance
- Liaising and negotiating Terms & Conditions with Recruitment Agents
- Support Partners and Managers in full cycle recruitment of all Manchester and Leeds employees
- Conduct 6 week reviews for new starters
- Support the firm-wide appraisal and promotion process
- Support Partners and Managers with all employee relations matters, performance management cases and where necessary effectively plan and conduct disciplinary meetings
- Manage staff absence and carry out return to work interviews
- Conduct exit interviews as and when required
- Ownership and responsibility for ad-hoc projects which help the HR team and the company move forward.
- Drafting of emails and letters using own initiative and keeping filing up to date
- Assisting colleagues with general admin as and when required, covering for periods of absence
- Assist with assessment days when necessary
- Attending Law Fairs as and when required
- Knowledge, implementation and maintenance of company-wide HR policies and procedures
- Keeping up to date with Employment Legislation
- Organising and prioritising of own workload
- Gain full working knowledge of HR System
- Communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of "Who we are and what we do"
- Supporting the partnership business plan and complying with any reasonable task requested by the partnership
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ideally, at least 12 months experience working in an HR Advisor level role within an HR team
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
- Ability to work in a stand-alone role
- Excellent organisation/time management skills and attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Previous Professional Services HR experience desirable
- Proactive approach towards work with visibility in the Manchester and Leeds offices;
- You will be organised and a solution finder
- You must be able to use your initiative and be sociable, polite, presentable, energetic, enthusiastic, helpful and friendly
- You will need to be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines; making effective decisions in a considered way
- You aim will be to deliver 100% internal/external client satisfaction at all times
- You will be self-motivated, a good timekeeper and a team-player
- Travel between the Manchester and Leeds offices on a weekly basis and occasional travel to the Birmingham office
- You will be commercially minded and have a professional outlook
- Can do attitude, able to work off own initiative and the ability to motivate others
- £30k basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Travel compensated
- Holiday entitlement
My client are holding interviews on the week commencing on 3rd June. I will be shortlisting candidates for the remainder of the week. If you are interested in the role or would like to know more details, contact me today!
0161 828 5400
Hr / hr generalist / hr admin / legal / Manchester / Leeds
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.