IMMEDIATE TEMP BOOKING1 week temp booking for holiday cover w/c 20 May.£10.00 per hour, Stevenage Company with parking on site.9 5 Monday Friday. Busy accounts...
My client is looking for an experienced and qualified Purchasing Manager hailing from a distribution and manufacturing environment, with proven track record in delivering product to the Customer by working with suppliers, operational/purchasing team and senior management.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to make an immediate impact on business through the necessary drive, self-motivation, resilience and credibility to support and facilitate positive ongoing change in continuously achieving ongoing demands and overall Purchasing objectives.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Managing and supporting the purchasing team
- Supporting cross functional roles
- Collating and presenting reports to Management
- To be persuasive and influential in achieving results
- Review and implementation of stock and supply chain programmes and working with suppliers
- Achieve cost savings and reduction in material costs by facilitating
- Implementing supplier appraisals, analysing performance criteria, identifying solutions
- Managing vendor reduction and supplier consolidation
- Improved contractual terms with all suppliers, extended payment terms, free carriage, invoice discounting and rebate agreements
- Working with purchasing systems, reports, and procedures to ensure purchasing/ manufacturing efficiency's, reducing stock shortages and stock levels
- Knowledge of Far East Manufacturing
- Previous experience in liaising with freight forwarders and customs
- Proven experience of previously successful product launches in working closely with project and engineering management
- Previous experience in communication with preferred manufacturers, distributors, to ensure best pricing and supplier support
- Supported and managed new product specification/ design, approving new suppliers
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent
- Up to 5 year's experience in a purchasing environment managing a team
- Ideal candidate will hail from a manufacturing / engineering background
If you are interested please submit your CV, if you wish to discuss the role in further detail you can contact Tate Hemel Hempstead on 01442 506 140.
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.